theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   lord of the rings ride at Universal (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1154036)

lizzie145 2 Dec 19 10:20 PM

lord of the rings ride at Universal

strong rumour that this will be at Epic World in 2023

vampiress88 2 Dec 19 11:01 PM

Sounds cool

But universal seem bit behind. All their new rides are on films that have been out a while.

Least Disney are trying to do the latest films ie frozen (even if it really is just a makeover of original ride)

lizzie145 3 Dec 19 08:20 AM

True but I think they look at the whole experience and perhaps it will be like HP and have a whole area themed. It is still popular with lots of people though I've never seen it

gjdjud 3 Dec 19 09:30 AM

Tron at Disney? That’s not really current. I don’t think it matters. A good Lord Of The Rings Ride/attraction could be really good.

Plus a new massive scale tv show is coming;)

novocastrian 3 Dec 19 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vampiress88 (Post 14192462)
Sounds cool

But universal seem bit behind. All their new rides are on films that have been out a while.

Least Disney are trying to do the latest films ie frozen (even if it really is just a makeover of original ride)

Star Wars 1977... Tron 1982 ...;)

craigstacey 3 Dec 19 10:27 AM

An immersive Lord of the Rings 'land' with several rides would be fab.

Simba2014 3 Dec 19 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vampiress88 (Post 14192462)
Sounds cool

There's a new multi season Lord of the Rings series coming out on Amazon prime in the next few years so actually it could be bang on trend when its released.

Fraser789 3 Dec 19 11:03 AM

I don't really like Lord Of The Rings but if the Harry Potter areas are anything to go by I expect Universal will do a good job of it.

YLL 3 Dec 19 11:07 AM

Flight of the Nazgul?

vampiress88 3 Dec 19 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novocastrian (Post 14192702)
Star Wars 1977... Tron 1982 ...;)

Yeah but they re did or re doing? Star Wars I think. Might be wrong. Not exactly a big fan but do like the baby yoda in mandalorian. So cute.

Yes the tron ride not current but better.

Tron = 9yrs (remade old film?)
Ratatouille = 12yrs
Moana= Wow 3 yrs does not seem that long
Mary Poppins = 1yr?
Frozen = 6yrs

Universal
LOTR = 16 yrs
Borne thingy = 12yrs

Just to add I loved lord of the rings. And would think it would be good like Harry Potter but I do wish that universal would do better.

For me they got rid of classic ride like jaws. Loved that ride even though it was an old film most people have seen it.

Also find it weird that there is a Spider-Man and hulk ride at universal but now don’t Disney own those films.

Will be excited to look at their new park