theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Best time of year for Disney cruise to Castaway Cay? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1132661)

Elodie 11 Jun 19 10:28 PM

Best time of year for Disney cruise to Castaway Cay?

We’re hoping to book a Disney cruise for 2021, 5-7 nights, calling at Castaway Cay (any route). We’re tied to school holidays as I work in a school and both children are at school, but open to travelling in any holiday (we can all get an extra day off at the start / end of a holiday if needed.)

Which holiday(s) would be best for a cruise to Castaway Cay? I’m mainly thinking best for weather, but any other reasons for choosing a particular time of year would also be handy to know.

Bats 12 Jun 19 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elodie (Post 13897485)
We’re hoping to book a Disney cruise for 2021, 5-7 nights, calling at Castaway Cay (any route). We’re tied to school holidays as I work in a school and both children are at school, but open to travelling in any holiday (we can all get an extra day off at the start / end of a holiday if needed.)

Which holiday(s) would be best for a cruise to Castaway Cay? I’m mainly thinking best for weather, but any other reasons for choosing a particular time of year would also be handy to know.

I'd opt for Easter, but be careful of Spring Break as everywhere will be chocker and the cost of cruises higher.

Either that, or October half term which, although in hurricane season, has always served us well.

Joa

Elodie 12 Jun 19 05:12 PM

Thank you’ll, we’ll look at the best option between Easter and October then. I assume October is a safer bet than August when it comes to hurricane season?

I’m guessing February would be too cold for a cruise, even in the Bahamas? And is May half term a bad choice?

vegboatride 12 Jun 19 05:40 PM

We’ve been to castaway cay in late February twice, both times the weather was lovely and we stayed on the beach all day, don’t know if we were just lucky though.

Bellasmummy 12 Jun 19 06:19 PM

We’ve been twice in August with no issues, works best for us as I won’t go at Easter as too busy and we only have a week off in October (I work in a school too)

minnie29 12 Jun 19 06:29 PM

We just done April on the Disney Dream. Weather was fabulous! It was such a nice break from the crowds of the parks during spring break and Easter :)

Elodie 13 Jun 19 09:32 PM

Ok, so it sounds like February, Easter, August and October are all winners for different people and different reasons. Maybe there isn’t really a bad choice then? (Except perhaps for May half term, which hasn’t had any recommendations yet.)

Bats 14 Jun 19 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elodie (Post 13900803)
Ok, so it sounds like February, Easter, August and October are all winners for different people and different reasons. Maybe there isn’t really a bad choice then? (Except perhaps for May half term, which hasn’t had any recommendations yet.)

Your best bet is to play around on the website and look at the price hikes at different times. Avoid US holidays and it's better of course.
There is never a bad time to go on holiday!

Elodie 15 Jun 19 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bats (Post 13901933)
Your best bet is to play around on the website and look at the price hikes at different times. Avoid US holidays and it's better of course.

Yes, I’ve been looking at the prices for all of the dates that we can do (using 2020 prices just to get an idea) so I’ll definitely be using prices alongside the pros and cons for each holiday to make a decision.

Quote:

There is never a bad time to go on holiday!
Very true!

Tinkerbell7 17 Jun 19 03:48 PM

I’ve been in October on the Dream and weather was so bad we missed Castaway altogether! We went in April just gone on Dream again and the weather was lovely and castaway was paradise! I say there’s no guarantees on the weather, you just have to go when suits you better.