theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Ba cancellation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1182279)

FLORIDA2001 24 Oct 20 11:56 AM

Ba cancellation

Well finally had the email from BA cancelling our flight in 2 weeks time with a full refund. It was expected but still gut wrenching. When our April flight was cancelled couldn't complain about BA with the refund got it back within a week.

We had booked a Disney hotel separate and have emailed them to ask options , anyone in similar position if so have you heard anything from them. When we had the call a couple of months ago to ask us if we were still going she did tell me we could still get a full refund if we had to cancel due to the pandemic and get our money back lets see if that is still the case.

We have a flight booked for April and staying in a villa so countdown now starts again.:(:(:(

2point 24 Oct 20 11:59 AM

I've found BA outstanding through this pandemic. I've had a number of flights cancelled and have managed to get refunds and rebooks with ease.

Donaldfan 24 Oct 20 12:07 PM

I agree, BA were excellent with me too. My refund was on my card 3 days after they emailed me to say my September flights were cancelled. I have happily booked next year's flights with them.

Nicksgirl 24 Oct 20 01:08 PM

We must be in the minority... BA were appalling with us and insisted on a voucher. 4 hours on the phone at one point.
I don't know why we really book with them, their service gets worse every year.

Mind you, bit disappointed with Easyjet at the moment too, though we are getting a refund with them.

scottishmum 24 Oct 20 01:15 PM

BA were brilliant for us.
Both May and Sept flights were refunded in 3-4 days.

Wonder if it’s different as they cancelled the domestic part both times so we were given a full refund even though at that point they hadn’t cancelled the Orlando flights.

Donaldfan 24 Oct 20 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl (Post 14691607)
We must be in the minority... BA were appalling with us and insisted on a voucher. 4 hours on the phone at one point.

Mind you, bit disappointed with Easyjet at the moment too, though we are getting a refund with them.

Did BA cancel your flights or did you cancel them?

amy56 24 Oct 20 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl (Post 14691607)

That’s such a shame 😢, I know many of us have had exemplary service from them (and in my case from American Airlines and Delta too), I won’t hesitate to use any of the three again - In fact I would actively choose them over other companies now. I must admit that I am now very wary of Virgin though, after seeing so many bad reports on here.

mandevillepete 24 Oct 20 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLORIDA2001 (Post 14691507)
Well finally had the email from BA cancelling our flight in 2 weeks time with a full refund. It was expected but still gut wrenching. When our April flight was cancelled couldn't complain about BA with the refund got it back within a week.

We had booked a Disney hotel separate and have emailed them to ask options , anyone in similar position if so have you heard anything from them. When we had the call a couple of months ago to ask us if we were still going she did tell me we could still get a full refund if we had to cancel due to the pandemic and get our money back lets see if that is still the case.

We have a flight booked for April and staying in a villa so countdown now starts again.:(:(:(

We were in same position. BA refunded our flights without any trouble at all and money in our account within three days.

We had hotel booked separately at Disney. I telephoned them and explained and again had a full refund in my account within three days. We also had Travelodge booked at Heathrow and have had a voucher valid until April so happy with that.
We have rebooked for May 2021. Fingers crossed

Dazed 24 Oct 20 02:09 PM

We have had 4 lots of flights cancelled so far and now waiting for January to be cancelled. BA have been fantastic every time, I have received refunds and rebooked.

FLORIDA2001 24 Oct 20 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandevillepete (Post 14691675)
We were in same position. BA refunded our flights without any trouble at all and money in our account within three days.

We had hotel booked separately at Disney. I telephoned them and explained and again had a full refund in my account within three days. We also had Travelodge booked at Heathrow and have had a voucher valid until April so happy with that.
We have rebooked for May 2021. Fingers crossed

just waiting to hear from Disney so fingers crossed.