theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   A Southern Adventure August 17th 2018 Day 10 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1095447)

pretty71 17 Aug 18 11:51 PM

A Southern Adventure August 17th 2018 Day 10

August 17th 2018 Day 10

This morning I was going on a Walmart mission on my own! As we always do the shopping when we are in there I never get the chance to look around myself, so this morning was my moment!

I got up about 6.10am and had a cup of tea with Grace and was out the door at 6.45 and in Walmart just after 7 :)

I love driving just as the sun is coming up as I can have the windows down (without anyone moaning at me) and the radio up loud...sorry to the residents of Rotonda West :)

I had a right old mooch about in Walmart, it was nice and quiet and I spent about 45 minutes in there. I got Grace a couple of swimsuits that were really cheap and a few things to take home with us.

I arrived back home by 8 and did the usual breakfast routine but this morning we included the avocado we got the other day...delicious!

We then set the sun beds up for another fun filled day by the pool before Applebee's which was planned for later.

It was seriously hot today! We spent plenty of time in the water, it was too hot to be out of it today.

There were plenty of wild birds eating the seed I had put out today which was lovely to see. Usually we see loads of wild life whilst we are here, but it seems really really quiet at the moment and we have seen very little, I don't know if it's something to do with the red tide keeping them away? I really don't know.

We went out for another cycle this morning at 11am, we went much further today but it was sooo hot, Daddy felt a little ill. It was nice and breezy and you felt fairly cool but the sweat was running down our faces (sorry for the tmi lol), we came straight inside and jumped in the pool... bliss!

We stayed outside until 3pm, even I wanted to throw the towel in a bit earlier, but e managed to stay out until then, We showered up and were out the door at 3.25pm and on our way to North Port and Applebees's. Were were seated at just before 4 in a nice booth, there were a few people in there and it wasn't freezing either, happy days!

I stayed doing what I had started yesterday and had an appetite, today it was nachos. everyone else had various things and we all thoroughly enjoyed, a really nice meal. We popped over to Walmart which was just behind us, I managed to find Grace some t shirts that I got last year, one wth Shopkins on the front and another with Trolls, they didn't have them in the branch I went to this morning. we also got another bottle of wine to keep us going for tonight and tomorrow.

We piled back in the car and drove to the Mall at Port Charlotte which is only a couple of miles away. We parked up outside Macy's and went in, I looked at some evening dresses but there was nothing suitable which was a shame. We then walked round to BBW's.

They had their 3 wick candles for $12.95, half price. To be honest I went crazy! I got 2 candles for us and 1 for our neighbour and 5 foaming hand washes as these were 5 for $23. I also got a holder for the soap...$75 the lot, I was very happy :)

Next we went round to JC Penneys and got my Dad a pair of jeans but they had nothing else. We were out of there and back in the car for 6.20pm.

Our picture from Applebee's :)

The weather had held no rain as of yet and it's now 7.20pm, it's dark in the distance but we have been out and not got caught today. We have just had the last of the chocolate cake with ice cream (well I had a peach again) and are enjoying a Vodka and Tonic. Grace is watching tonight's Disney film, I don't know what it is it's some teenage type thing, that I have asked her to turn over as she has no idea what's going on!. I am going to out her to bed in a minute and then do half an hour of packing so I don't have to do it all tomorrow. Apparently the film is called Descendants?
I did a little packing earlier, so let's see if we can get some more done.

As usual if anything else exciting happens I will let you know tomorrow ;)
Tomorrow we have Cracker Barrel planned as I love chicken and rice, the Saturday special :)

Thanks for following on and we hope to see you tomorrow

app 18 Aug 18 12:34 AM

New Photo Added by pretty71 - 18 Aug 18 12:34 AM.

Mortimer Mouse 18 Aug 18 09:21 AM

A lovely day, especially as a trip to B&BW was included. That chocolate cake seemed never-ending!

mick 18 Aug 18 09:41 AM

A nice day, can’t beat a BBW shop :spin:

Joan :wave:

pretty71 18 Aug 18 12:26 PM

Thanks, I was really pleased with the BBW shop 😀 going to get some bubble wrap today to make sure they make it back.

Jake71 21 Aug 18 10:24 AM

A good day, it all sounds so relaxed.

OB1LukeLucas 24 Aug 18 01:54 PM

Some great deals on the candles!