theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Fast Pass: Rivers of Light, Epcot Forever & Fantasmic (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1151519)

Bugs_n_Belfy 2 Nov 19 02:45 PM

Fast Pass: Rivers of Light, Epcot Forever & Fantasmic

Good afternoon,

In regard to Fast Pass, we were looking to securing ones for Rivers of Light, Epcot Forever & Fantasmic. However, locking these in 60 days in advance, will of course mean that we can't gain more Fast Passes on the day.

Therefore, what are people's experience of getting the fast pass for the above shows on the day. Obviously we don't want to miss them, but if we can get the Fast pass on the day, then that would be brilliant.

Cheers

Gemini157 2 Nov 19 02:52 PM

We were a bit underwhelmed by Rivers of Light to be honest, so not sure I would use a fast Pass on it.

Mind you, we went in an unseasonably cold spell in March 2 years ago, and sitting there really cold close to water probably didn't help!

SMAX 2 Nov 19 02:57 PM

I have always got those on the day. But in reality they are a waste of time. Fantasmic FP+ is such a mess that even if you haven't got a FP+ you can sit in that section.

With the Epcot fireworks unless you get there really early you just wont get a decent view. So you might as well stake out a spot somewhere else.

RoL seating is pretty much the same view anywhere. So it doesn't make much difference if you have a FP+. Again getting tp the FP+ seating early gets you a better spot. So that negates the need for a FP+ in the first place.

vampiress88 2 Nov 19 10:10 PM

We got fastpasses on the day. No way was I wasting anything on those. Used tap and grab and just got one very close to the time. Not like it made much difference anyways as others have said.

Lily8 2 Nov 19 10:24 PM

We also got FP+ on the day using 'tap and grab' late afternoon/early evening. The FP+ seating section wasn't great (and despite high expectations, we didn't really like Fantastmic :confused2).

vanderbar 3 Nov 19 10:21 AM

We didn't use FPs. This was peak summer, Rivers of Light - walked up 10mins before. Ok we were not front row but still had good seats near the back, which meant a quick exit!

Fantasmic - walked up and think we probably got better seats than FP+ (that section looked full).

Epcot (last year) - just found a decent place to stand nearer the time.

Mo&Chris 3 Nov 19 12:53 PM

We got Rivers of Light on the day last year. We've just booked after hours for next year, and I'm looking forward to seeing the updated show, but I don't know that I'd FP it again.

/Mo

Guest 3 Nov 19 01:08 PM

Fantasmic is a bit of a joke, you can walking in 10 mins before it starts and get a similar seat

Epcot, just pick a spot 1 hour before it starts, you should be fine

Andybear 3 Nov 19 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mo&Chris (Post 14156918)
We got Rivers of Light on the day last year. We've just booked after hours for next year, and I'm looking forward to seeing the updated show, but I don't know that I'd FP it again.

/Mo

I saw it in September and it was one of the highlights of my trip, I absolutely loved it. I didn't get FP - got standby and arrived about 20 minutes before it started. I haven't seen the original.

Miss_Tangled 3 Nov 19 09:03 PM

We had a FP for ROL in September and they weren’t even bothering to scan anyone in, they just waved everyone through the FP line.