theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   The Marsh‘s Marvellous Mousecation- Day 8 - Sunday 14th April (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1123898)

Michyloulou 15 Apr 19 03:51 AM

The Marsh‘s Marvellous Mousecation- Day 8 - Sunday 14th April

I woke at 7am today, and then woke everyone else as we were off to AK and unfortunately I'd not been able to secure a FP for Pandora. So the aim was to get there early (checking the elusive FP availability on the way) and/or possibly join the standby line.
We parked near to this old police car, which we had a good look at!

By the time we'd parked up, gone through bag search & security, there were already streams of people coming in - and it's hard to march your kids straight past wonderful sights (like the ant-eater & tree of life) when all they want to do is see what's in front of them & soak everything in. So sadly the plan didn't work and standby was quickly at 4hrs. I'm sure it's fantastic, but no ride is worth that wait imo.
Anyway, we had a good look around at the animals & tree, and the ‘Maharaj tour’, and then headed to our 1st FP which was Kali River Rapids. My middle daughter had a wobble & couldn't decide if she wanted to go on - she was scared of drops despite fact she recently went on simulator rides with drops. A lovely English family re-assured her that there are no drops, more a slide into the water & DD decides she'd give it a go. 😀 She loves it & wanted to go again, but standby was already 70 mins & next available FP was 6.40. We all got drenched but seemed to dry out quickly & all had a good laugh.
We had a further look around, and then had our picnic lunch (which my lovely DH prepared the evening before for us).
After this we watched the Finding Nemo stage show - wow, just loved it (as did youngest DD).
Our next & last FP (yes, we only had 2 today as didn’t need to FP the show & nothing else at all seemed to be available when I booked) was Expedition Everest. Again middle DD had a wobble & adamantly wasn’t going on. DH isn’t keen on coasters, so happily stayed with her & youngest DD who also decided she wasn’t going on.
Me & eldest 2 kids absolutely loved it! Omg, the broken track part where you go backwards! I thought that was the end of the ride when we’d ridden backwards to the bottom!
After this we decided to get various ice creams, including this deliciousness which me, DH & youngest DD all shared.

Eldest DD then bought this set of flip-flop pins for $14.99, very cute! (my girls are all mad on Stitch!).

After this we decided to head home for a swim in the villa pool.
Now, without kids I’d love to stay morning til night & take in all the shows, but it’s just too much for youngest 2, so we’re trying not to do too much.
Also, DH & my eldest 2 were a bit underwhelmed with AK (basically not enough rides & the amount of people on the park means that it seems very crowded (as it’s the smallest park), and also means the rides they do have get very busy. The 2 eldest were disappointed not to be able to ride FOP (as was I).
Bit of a back-story, but at the 30 day out time period for booking fastpasses, unfortunately as I work in a school, I don’t get time when I can log on & do this. DH is at home in the mornings (as works lates), but typically had had a few very very late finishes meaning he wasn’t able to secure the FP either. So on some days I had to do them when I got home from school (4pm ish), therefore didn’t get the FP we wanted. Not sure what we can do about this for a future trip?
Anyway, we drove home & had a swim in the pool & I then cooked some of this ravioli & marinara sauce + garlic bread for dinner. 😋

After clearing dinner things away, we drove to Target at Rolling Oaks (as we were all itching to shop here!) - I love the massive size of their stores. DH isn’t a keen shopper, but tonight was quite happy as he managed to get his new iPod touch! Yay!
The kids bought various sweets & gifts for their friends (and themselves), and I managed to get an Oxo measuring cup.
(I’m hoping to get a few bits myself when we go to Mall of Millenia).
That’s all for tonight & tomorrow we’re off to Epcot.

Disneycraft 15 Apr 19 06:50 AM

I love that old police car what a find .its a shame you couldn’t get FOP ,there’s always next time .

Loopylooloo 15 Apr 19 08:33 AM

Love the Stitch pins, I have just treated myself to a pair of gorgeous Stitch pyjamas from Primark this week and love them!

Such a shame about your fastpass, just message me next time you go, with what you want, I am a Fastpass booking ninja! :D

Looks like a really good day x

margyloveswdw 15 Apr 19 11:02 AM

Love the police car and the Stitch pins!

mick 15 Apr 19 12:04 PM

Another good day :spin:

Joan :wave:

Michyloulou 16 Apr 19 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo (Post 13784842)
Love the Stitch pins, I have just treated myself to a pair of gorgeous Stitch pyjamas from Primark this week and love them!

Such a shame about your fastpass, just message me next time you go, with what you want, I am a Fastpass booking ninja! :D

Looks like a really good day x

Ooh, thank you - that is such a kind offer. Sadly I don’t think we’ll be able to go again until 2022. 😭
I love Primark Disney range - eldest DD has been asking me to take her to the one in Birmingham- apparently it has a cafe, nail bar & all sorts.
Enjoy your Stitch PJ’s! 😊

scottishnellie 16 Apr 19 09:15 AM

Pity about missing Flight Of Passage. I think it’s the best ride in Florida but I agree, NO ride is worth 4hrs.

I’m praying for a FP when my time comes to book.

I love seeing what you are cooking for dinner as I don’t mind a bit of cooking and eating in either. And we always do picnic lunches in the Disney parks too 😃

clochette 16 Apr 19 10:04 AM

Shame about FOP but you are right, no ride is worth that long a wait. It would have to be going to the moon for me to wait that long - and even then I'd think twice!

When you go next time (because you WILL go again), everybody will be queuing for the Star Wars rides, so the wait won't be as long;)

tory79 24 Apr 19 11:43 AM

If it makes you feel any better you would never have got FOP at 30 days even if You’d been able to log on when they opened!

Jake71 26 Apr 19 01:31 PM

Funnily enough my lot are never overly enamoured with AK, however, I love it. I think DGS will love it this year too so it will be good to have some back up! 4 hours is definitely more of a wait than any ride is worth in my opinion too. Fingers crossed for a Fastpass for FOP at 60 days.