theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   'Once in a lifetime' trip - WDW onsite & DDP Feb 2019 - Day 4 Alex's Birthday, AK, DS & Dinosaurs (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1136261)

Scarla 10 Jul 19 04:13 AM

'Once in a lifetime' trip - WDW onsite & DDP Feb 2019 - Day 4 Alex's Birthday, AK, DS & Dinosaurs

Hi & welcome to day 4 which is the first of the 'special days' as today Alex turns 7 :cake: so we have a full on day planned.

My index can be found here

Fast-passes:
Kilimanjaro Safaris at 9:30
Avatar Flight of Passage at 10:40
DINOSAUR at 11:40

ADR's
Breakfast - Rainforest Cafe @ Animal Kingdom at 08:30
Dinner - T-Rex @ Disney Springs at 18:00

Last night I had sneaked out of the room to put up the window decorations which i had made prior to the trip, (I had managed to keep these stashed away without the kids finding them, along with a small birthday present of a dinosaur watch, which i had personalized & birthday cards)

We were up & out of the room for about 7.15 today as we had a breakfast reservation for The Rainforest Cafe at AK & didn't want to be late.

We all really loved this restaurant & were one of the first guests to arrive & while we were waiting to be seated the kids noticed the diver cleaning the aquarium which was fascinating.

Anyway, the whole experience here was lovely, as it was so early it wasn't too crowded & the noises from the animals were cool, we were near the entrance by the Elephants.

After we had eaten we spent a bit of time walking round spotting the hiding animals & had a browse through the shop before heading to our first fast pass, Kilimanjaro Safaris

This was really fun & our guide was quite comical, although there weren't many animals close by (all the photos are using zoom to the max) we still all enjoyed it.

After this we headed to Pandora for FoP. I had been so looking forward to this one but was a little bit worried about how the kids would find it as they hadn't seemed keen when were were watching YouTube vlogs.
However, everyone absolutely loved it, it was definitely my favorite ride, just everything about it was fabulous.

Afterwards we wandered through the shop, I really wanted to get a Banshee, but couldn't justify the extortionate price tag which I think was about $70 - $80 :omg:

As it was Alex's birthday, the kids had $50 each instead of the usual $20 so Alex brought a mini Banshee which was on a stick that you flapped up & down so it looked like it was flying & Scarla brought some hair accessories, so they were both happy & we had our snap taken with a FP photographer.

Next up was our FP for Dinosaur. Now when I had been looking to book FP's Alex had been quite keen on this one, however, it was probably the kids least favourite ride in the end as it is very dark & we got thrown around quite a bit, in fact we were all holding on so tight to each other & the ride that his Banshee toy snapped so he was in a bit of a sulk after that as it was obviously my fault :mad:

I think the kids faces say it all, although i love this photo for all the other riders faces, especially the two guys in the back row! :spin::spin:

After this the kids let off a bit of steam in DinoLand before we headed out of the park to Disney Springs via CBR for a quick freshen up & change of clothes.

Before heading to our ADR at T-Rex we had a wander round World of Disney & i picked up the $200 gift card, we then went to the Lego Store & Alex picked up a few bits to go with his collection.

To be honest, i wasn't overly impressed with T-Rex, it was OK but nothing special, very crowded & noisy so Scarla wasn't too keen & we were seated right near the entrance/exit to the kitchen so we had servers rushing up & down by the table all evening which was a bit distracting. The food was OK though & Alex seemed to enjoy it which was the main thing.

By this time we were all thoroughly exhausted as we had been going for over 12 hours so we made our way to the bus stop & then back to CBR where we all collapsed into bed :zzz: :zzz:

Well thats it for Day 4, next up:

Day 5 - Epcot & the lost boy

PixieBoot 16 Aug 19 02:02 PM

Worth knowing that RF cafe is more chilled early morning! Looks like Alex had a fab birthday! Special memories.

dreamadream 10 Oct 19 01:22 PM

Really enjoying you report so far! I hope you have the time to continue x

FlorayG 10 Oct 19 02:56 PM

Probably too late now but I bet it you'd gone back to the store with that broken toy they would have replaced it for you as it was their dinosaur that broke it !

Scarla 12 Nov 19 07:10 AM

I didn't even think of it at the time tbh, but thanks for the tip :)

kansaskitty 12 Nov 19 05:24 PM

What a lovely full on day! Never thought to do Rainforest for breakfast, great idea!

Kidd McFluff 30 Aug 20 09:10 PM

Another great day! Rainforest Cafe looks great for breakfast. I have to say that on visiting T Rex in 2018 we will never be visiting again! It looks great but we waited for ages and were sat in a similar area to you. Our food wasn't very good and the manager was a bit of a numpty! Flights of Passage is amazing! I'm glad you all enjoyed it. We couldn't get enough of it!