theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Car Hire & Transportation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   DFCH - Alamo Skip The Counter? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1142985)

welshmum 25 Aug 19 03:35 PM

DFCH - Alamo Skip The Counter?

Am I able to do skip the counter if I have booked through DFCH? Can't see an option to be able to do this.

Thanks in advance

mick 25 Aug 19 03:41 PM

Very easy. Done it four times previously and already done it for our next trip.

First of all "skipping the counter" is what you can do when you've done on-line check in - it is not a separate process.

Assume Andy has sent you an email with an Alamo form on it which asks for D/L and flight details etc.? On that form is a button to print the bar code. The bar code is all you need beyond your D/L and CC or DC.

Some Dibbers do seem to fill in another STC form where it asks for your CC details but honestly you don't need to. The only CC that matters is which one is swiped at the barrier. Alamo have no interest in how you paid Andy.

Mick

welshmum 25 Aug 19 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 14035679)
Very easy. Done it four times previously and already done it for our next trip.

First of all "skipping the counter" is what you can do when you've done on-line check in - it is not a separate process.

Assume Andy has sent you an email with an Alamo form on it which asks for D/L and flight details etc.? On that form is a button to print the bar code. The bar code is all you need beyond your D/L and CC or DC.

Some Dibbers do seem to fill in another STC form where it asks for your CC details but honestly you don't need to. The only CC that matters is which one is swiped at the barrier. Alamo have no interest in how you paid Andy.

Mick

Fab, thanks.

Yes I've got that from Andy and done OLCI. Will just head straight to the garage and get DH to present his CC when we get to the barrier.

We have hired a Full Size SUV and as far as I remember, I will need to go to the Alamo counter in the garage as they don't put the keys in the Full Size SUV do they?

mick 25 Aug 19 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welshmum (Post 14035688)
We have hired a Full Size SUV and as far as I remember, I will need to go to the Alamo counter in the garage as they don't put the keys in the Full Size SUV do they?

I believe so. We only hire a full size car and the keys are always in the car on the sun visor but I understand above that you do need to go to the kiosk in the garage. A or B if you're into MCO.

Don't forget you can add fuel service at the barrier as well. Alamo are very fair with their prices compared with local gas stations - then return on fumes. ;)

Mick

sully301 25 Aug 19 04:43 PM

ahhh, we just upgraded to a full size from an intermediate - will they allocate us a full size then and we just go to the kiosk in the garage and pick it up? thanks

mick 25 Aug 19 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully301 (Post 14035777)
ahhh, we just upgraded to a full size from an intermediate - will they allocate us a full size then and we just go to the kiosk in the garage and pick it up? thanks

When you say "upgraded" do you mean with someone like Andy at DFCH? If so Andy should have sent you a new email with a revised Alamo voucher and you'll need to do OLCI again and print a new bar code. Then you just choose a car from the full size row.

Mick

sully301 25 Aug 19 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 14035786)
When you say "upgraded" do you mean with someone like Andy at DFCH? If so Andy should have sent you a new email with a revised Alamo voucher and you'll need to do OLCI again and print a new bar code. Then you just choose a car from the full size row.

Mick

yes with DFCH, i've done OLCI again and printed. So the keys are in the full size SUVs and i don't need to go to the kiosk in the garage? :)

mick 25 Aug 19 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully301 (Post 14035791)
yes with DFCH, i've done OLCI again and printed. So the keys are in the full size SUVs and i don't need to go to the kiosk in the garage? :)

Sorry when you said you'd upgraded from an intermediate to a full size I just assume you meant car (as in saloon) not SUV. :confused2 Never rented an SUV but I believe that you can still choose your vehicle but keys are kept in the kiosk.

Hopefully some regular SUV hirer will spot the thread or maybe Andy's on line. ;)

Mick

sully301 25 Aug 19 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 14035802)
Sorry when you said you'd upgraded from an intermediate to a full size I just assume you meant car (as in saloon) not SUV. :confused2 Never rented an SUV but I believe that you can still choose your vehicle but keys are kept in the kiosk.

Hopefully some regular SUV hirer will spot the thread or maybe Andy's on line. ;)

Mick

thanks... thought i was going bonkers :)

welshmum 25 Aug 19 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully301 (Post 14035816)
thanks... thought i was going bonkers :)

I am pretty sure I have read on here that you have to get keys for the full size SUV from the Alamo Kiosk in the garage :)