theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Photo, Video & Vlogs (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   photo book companies- your preference ? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1094959)

BucksBugsy 15 Aug 18 09:15 AM

photo book companies- your preference ?

Hi all - following our trip to FL a few weeks back (is it really that long?) I want to create a photo book of memories. Would like to add text to it so it can't be just photos

So then dibbers if you create these which company do you use ?

I've only used Tesco before and they were fine. I've heard good reports of bonusprint and cewe (so?) Bit am open to suggestions

cambsno 17 Aug 18 11:15 AM

Personally I find Tesco to be poor, not tried books but the prints and other stuff are not good. I use DSCL for prints and they are vey good, think they do books too.

Apple are my choice for books.

BucksBugsy 17 Aug 18 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cambsno (Post 13433432)
Personally I find Tesco to be poor, not tried books but the prints and other stuff are not good. I use DSCL for prints and they are vey good, think they do books too.

Apple are my choice for books.

Interesting - thank you

I have a feeling that alot of the places that sell these books use the same manufacturer who is based in mainland Europe somewhere .

I had one done by Tesco many years ago and was happy with the result.

This time I went to bonusprint - got a herd discount and am looking forward to seeing the results

Thanks again

TGT 17 Aug 18 11:23 AM

I have many photobox.co.uk ones - they are lovely quality but they've really increased the prices this year so I've held back on my latest trip. Do not pay full price! There are usually 30%+ off sales that come around - signup and wait for emailed 'offers' - some you have to create immediately, some include a credit for 1/3 months if it takes you awhile (it does me).

My average 100 page book has been about £30, this year they are asking £44

However, if you want fewer pages it would be cheaper - they are relatively easy to use, load as many pics as you want, different layers, backgrounds - all their stuff is great but you have to wait for the right sale

Guest 17 Aug 18 11:25 AM

Snapfish I've used for years..fantastic quality and fast delivery.They often have 40 or 50% off.Highly recommend.

caj 17 Aug 18 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGT (Post 13433459)
I have many photobox.co.uk ones - they are lovely quality but they've really increased the prices this year so I've held back on my latest trip. Do not pay full price! There are usually 30%+ off sales that come around - signup and wait for emailed 'offers' - some you have to create immediately, some include a credit for 1/3 months if it takes you awhile (it does me).

However, if you want fewer pages it would be cheaper - they are relatively easy to use, load as many pics as you want, different layers, backgrounds - all their stuff is great but you have to wait for the right sale

Agree with waiting for the offers. I've usually had some photos sorted ready for speed filling of a book.

BucksBugsy 17 Aug 18 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGT (Post 13433459)

I've asked for 2 copies with 14 extra pages and glossy and the total is about £42 including delivery which I am pleased with. OH found me a 40% off code and I got 5% for signing up to emails

Guest 17 Aug 18 04:45 PM

No competition … http://www.blurb.co.uk/

You can get very granular like, paper quality, covers (hardback, soft, sleeved) etc.

Complete control and if you are ok with photoshop etc you can do anything

kansaskitty 17 Aug 18 05:31 PM

I hear more professional photographers use Blurb but I usually just use whoever is on offer, I have used CeWe, Bonusprint, Snapfish, Truprint,

Floridatilly 17 Aug 18 09:10 PM

I am also looking to do a photo book.
I am totally useless at anything technical so I will be basically just choosing photos for them to place where ever.
Is that even possible?
I only have my sons I pad so can’t do anything fancy anyway.
I see that Disney do a photo book, no idea on cost or if they ship to the U.K. ?
Any advice for a clueless person?