theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   The Spanish Trilogy, Benalmadena Dec 2018. Day 2, Marina and walk along the seafront. (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1110080)

roxie2001 24 Dec 18 01:27 PM

The Spanish Trilogy, Benalmadena Dec 2018. Day 2, Marina and walk along the seafront.

Sunday 16th December

I woke around 7 and Matt a little later at 8. I wrote trip notes (not that I’m going to forget yesterday’s journey in a hurry) and enjoyed looking at the sunrise on the balcony.

It was going to be a beautiful day. By the time we were ready the sun was up.

We went for breakfast. I had ham, cheese and fried egg on bread.

Followed by doughnuts, fruit and a hot chocolate.

Matt had scrambled eggs and beans, he put the beans in the microwave as they have to be boiling for him.
It was lovely and set us for the day.
We wanted to have a look around and headed towards the seafront.

It was amazing to be wearing shorts in December. Mum had told me they had an awful night at home weather wise as well.
We saw signs boasting Benalmádena marina was the best in Europe, Matt said I’m sure Nice/Monaco would have something to say about that, but it was so beautiful. My many photos don’t do it justice.

We had a leisurely walk along the front, saw lots of people roller blading. The fine for dog poo here is €500 so it was nice and clean as well. The beach looked nice but I hate sand so didn't walk on it.

It was endless and after about an hour, we found some steps so we could turn around and walk back through the town. We had to climb many steps, my legs were feeling it.

We passed through some little alleys full of shops. We didn’t realise at the time, but we had made it to Torremolinos.
Heading back we found a little place to take photos

After walking along the main road for a while, we went down some steps, back to the seafront and had a pit stop at the marina.
A large beer and sangria was only €5.

The view wasn’t bad

We had a nice 30/45 minutes here before carrying on. We passed a sea life centre.
We must have been on a slightly different path as I couldn’t recognise anything, so we had to walk back up more steps to the main drag.
Windmill roundabout.

Luckily we hadn’t gone too far and when we got back to the hotel we had walked 9 miles! We sat in the sun enjoying sangria and beer until it became cooler then I grabbed a burger from the snack room before getting ready for the evening.

Matt fancied watching the Man United game out and said about Bonanza square. We didn’t leave until half time though and couldn’t find it so we went back to the bars we had passed earlier.

Unfortunatly most were closed so ended up in the sportsman. The man looked like he didn’t want to serve us, but then a woman came in and was chatting to us.
I had a shandy and Matt had a large beer, I think it was about €4.
This was the game Man United lost and Matt said Jose would be gone soon, sure enough the next morning he was sacked.
Back to the hotel for dinner about 9. I had a bit of a random mix tonight. I did love the ice cream with help yourself nut toppings.

Back to the main bar.
The entertainment was a magician but didn’t fancy it so watched Barcelona play instead. They won 5-0 and Matts favourite player Messi scored a hat trick.
We were both shattered so didn’t bother with the disco and went to bed.

DisneyDaffodil 24 Dec 18 08:50 PM

Beautiful sunrise photos, how nice to get a sunshine break in December. You certainly deserved your sangrias after walking so much, looked a lovely promenade and beach to walk along. I love long strolls along a seafront

Melbatb 24 Dec 18 09:44 PM

What glorious weather! No wonder you were tired after all that walking! You certainly deserved those drinks 🍷!

roxie2001 25 Dec 18 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil (Post 13614988)
Beautiful sunrise photos, how nice to get a sunshine break in December. You certainly deserved your sangrias after walking so much, looked a lovely promenade and beach to walk along. I love long strolls along a seafront

The weather made the holiday perfect. The promenade was lovely, not hilly like the rest of thr town and clean. We didn’t realise how far we walked until our last day.

roxie2001 25 Dec 18 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melbatb (Post 13615035)
What glorious weather! No wonder you were tired after all that walking! You certainly deserved those drinks 🍷!

My legs were killing me, plus we had cardiac hill to walk up to the hotel lol

bonnies mum 30 Dec 18 06:37 PM

It’s a fantastic area for just walking along, our favourite non USA spot.Your photos brought back lots of memories. That climb up into Torremolinos is a killer though!

roxie2001 31 Dec 18 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonnies mum (Post 13621195)
It’s a fantastic area for just walking along, our favourite non USA spot.Your photos brought back lots of memories. That climb up into Torremolinos is a killer though!

We loved our walks. My sister actually gave up smoking after those hills!
Spain has so much to offer, along with a short flight time.