theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Tickets (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Universal Annual Pass Renewal (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1178749)

Simba1980 19 Aug 20 09:24 AM

Universal Annual Pass Renewal

I have an annual pass that is due to expire in October. I have seen the 3 month free offer and am considering renewing to get the offer. My query is will the new start date be today (so I lose 2 months) or does it continue from the current expiry date? Hope that makes sense!

JanetteP 19 Aug 20 09:37 AM

Have you been in touch with Universal to have your annual pass put on hold? There's a thread here which explains what success we've all had. Hope it helps.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1173607

Simba1980 19 Aug 20 10:09 AM

We won't be going back until October 2021 and they won't extend it that long. Renewal will make it cheaper than buying new tickets when we go.

Shooby doo 19 Aug 20 10:59 AM

Simba are you sure? Given us 6 months in total,AP is suspended & 6 months( lockdown plus remaining months at time of e-mail) only start when we pick them up.Would have expired Sept
SD:d:

Simba1980 19 Aug 20 11:26 AM

I need them to extend by over 10 months as already extended to January from lockdown closure.

gh015c4116 19 Aug 20 11:31 AM

They are putting the passes on hold if you ask.
I.e the time closed plus the rest of your pass will not start again untill you next use the pass.
It will still be active in OCT 21 and then will last for what ever time you have left on your pass.

JanetteP 19 Aug 20 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simba1980 (Post 14618409)
We won't be going back until October 2021 and they won't extend it that long. Renewal will make it cheaper than buying new tickets when we go.

They will definitely extend it that long. Mine was due to expire in May. They originally offered me a 5 day 3 park pass. I asked them to put our passes on hold, and they have done that. I now have a 5 month annual pass, which will cover our May and September trips next year. I can then renew my annual pass whilst I am there at a discounted rate, which is what you are about to do. :thumbs-up

JanetteP 19 Aug 20 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simba1980 (Post 14618504)
I need them to extend by over 10 months as already extended to January from lockdown closure.

It's not an extension as such, it's putting the passes on hold to use when you go back.

Simba1980 19 Aug 20 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanetteP (Post 14618619)
They will definitely extend it that long. Mine was due to expire in May. They originally offered me a 5 day 3 park pass. I asked them to put our passes on hold, and they have done that. I now have a 5 month annual pass, which will cover our May and September trips next year. I can then renew my annual pass whilst I am there at a discounted rate, which is what you are about to do. :thumbs-up

That's great! Did you call or email for this?

JanetteP 19 Aug 20 01:01 PM

Emailed several times when I saw others were getting better than me;) I was overjoyed at the original 5 day 3 park pass, then they offered me 1 month, then 2 month, then I said well I'd like to use it for both trips next year, and they agreed. They were brilliant.

Here's my last email:-

Thank you for your kind response. As I understand it, our passes were due to expire on 8/15/20 plus the extra days the resort was closed i.e. 3 months - 15th March - 5th June. We have, therefore, been unable to use our passes for 5 months. Therefore, if we were able to use our passes in May, we would also be able to use them for our September trip, and then upgrade to a new discounted annual pass. Would it be at all possible to do this?

Many thanks for your continued assistance. Kind regards.

They really have been fantastic. Let us know how you get on. :thumbs-up