theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Car Hire & Transportation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Auto Europe (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1193121)

toonmadlad 17 Apr 21 08:06 PM

Auto Europe

Hi Ladies & Gents

I had a voucher from last year to use with Auto Europe, but looking at the current prices of hire cars on their website, I decided to see if I could cash it in and book with another company, I gave AE my new dates and asked what their best price was on a mini van... to my amazement they came back with a price of £810 for a 24 day hire with Budget, which in todays market is a great price... so if you are still looking to hire, don’t just go by the prices you see online, drop them an email or call them for an updated price.

I’ve booked a few times with Auto Europe and they have been great.

Mr Tom Morrow 17 Apr 21 08:22 PM

I am a fan of them. Used them loads and I am also holding a credit that I will use in 2022.

I cancelled a booking and they gave me a 10% bung. Not to be sneezed at.

Softy 17 Apr 21 09:41 PM

I don’t get why there are offline/online prices, surely their cheapest price should be shown online. I know Andy has different systems too.

Lindsk 17 Apr 21 09:41 PM

I also rate Auto Europe. We’ve had excellent prices in the past but I’ve not considered calling or emailing if the price is more than Alamo/ Virgin, for example. Good advice, thanks

DFCH-Andy 17 Apr 21 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Softy (Post 14927083)
I don’t get why there are offline/online prices, surely their cheapest price should be shown online. I know Andy has different systems too.

Due to restrictions the rental companies dictate.

Softy 19 Apr 21 07:57 AM

Thanks for the nudge on this. I’ve changed my booking over from ebookers. It’s the same price, £780 for 22 days for a minivan with Budget but autoeurope have a free non spouse additional driver, so it’s saved me $65.

bigsis3 24 Apr 21 03:07 PM

How do I contact auto Europe ? Can anyone help with an email address please ?.

DFCH-Andy 24 Apr 21 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigsis3 (Post 14934710)
How do I contact auto Europe ? Can anyone help with an email address please ?.

reservations@auto-europe.co.uk

nth09 25 Apr 21 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow (Post 14926994)
I am a fan of them. Used them loads and I am also holding a credit that I will use in 2022.

I cancelled a booking and they gave me a 10% bung. Not to be sneezed at.

Got exactly the same from 2020 and hope to use in 2022 too. Was also impressed by the length the voucher was valid for - up to 2023 if I remember rightly.

DurhamGirl 27 Apr 21 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toonmadlad (Post 14926979)
Hi Ladies & Gents

I had a voucher from last year to use with Auto Europe, but looking at the current prices of hire cars on their website, I decided to see if I could cash it in and book with another company, I gave AE my new dates and asked what their best price was on a mini van... to my amazement they came back with a price of £810 for a 24 day hire with Budget, which in todays market is a great price... so if you are still looking to hire, don’t just go by the prices you see online, drop them an email or call them for an updated price.

I’ve booked a few times with Auto Europe and they have been great.

I booked this morning for 17 nights in September 21 for a Hyundai Elantra - £450, including tank of petrol, free spouse. Bit apprehensive about Budget (as we normally do Avis on BA Flydrive) but the price is excellent. As recommended, I rang up for the best price which was much better than the online price