theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   TUI won’t offer a refund (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1209291)

2littleboys 29 Nov 21 09:15 PM

TUI won’t offer a refund

Can anyone offer any advice on a package holiday booked with TUI.

Due to travel in 4 weeks, my son can’t go as not double vaccinated but TUI says no refund only a change of holiday.

Can this be done… I would rather get a full refund.

Blue nose 29 Nov 21 09:18 PM

They are probably being generous with the offer to change. Its not their fault you cannot travel. What does the T&C's say?

Can you claim on insurance?

tracy99 29 Nov 21 11:28 PM

I wouldn’t be expecting a refund in this scenario,I would be happy with a change of holiday or a voucher.
I’ll always go on holiday again,so I’m one who never worries about not getting a refund.
I would see what your insurance states as suggested.
Tracy x

123 30 Nov 21 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2littleboys (Post 15229272)
Can anyone offer any advice on a package holiday booked with TUI.

Due to travel in 4 weeks, my son can’t go as not double vaccinated but TUI says no refund only a change of holiday.

Can this be done… I would rather get a full refund.

I'd absolutely amazed if you have any chance of a refund.

You knew when you booked that COVID was a thing and the Government have been careful to say they can change the rules at any time.

Back in March 2000, this was unprecedented and so refunds/vouchers could be argued as a fair settlement, but now with COVID present every day in our lives it is not fair to expect the company to shoulder the risk of your holiday being affected by COVID.

I would snap their arm off at the option to rebook before they realise they really don't even need to offer that and could just direct you to your insurers instead.

levtweeney 30 Nov 21 06:51 AM

We’re in same boat. Booked a holiday to Majorca via tui. Doubt we will be going so realise we will lose the deposit. We are absolutely fine with that. We booked and we knew the rules. If I get the chance to move it to another booking or some other retention scheme from Tui I will bite their hands off. I think you have scored :thumbs-up

mrsbenny 30 Nov 21 07:38 AM

I think some of the comments are a bit harsh tbh.

Can you change it to 2023? The holidays are out now for 2023.
I think I would do that if I was you.

Blue nose 30 Nov 21 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsbenny (Post 15229490)
I think some of the comments are a bit harsh tbh.

Can you change it to 2023? The holidays are out now for 2023.
I think I would do that if I was you.

The OP has said they don't want to change holiday, they want a refund.

I haven't seen any harsh comments, just what you've said - accept a change or try insurance for a refund.

Smilesonfaces 30 Nov 21 08:27 AM

Tui are taking bookings right up to October 2023 so I’m sure the holiday can easily be rescheduled. It’s quite fair if them really to allow changes. I don’t think they have to. Probably unrealistic to expect a full refund. Many of us will have booked holidays being fully aware rules can change at any time. If I were OP I would take their offer and book for the furthest away date possible and just keep changing if necessary.

I have booked hotels on pay on arrival and will continue to do this going forward. The flights I have I originally booked 2 years ago, I’m beginning to wonder if I will ever actually use them !

lizzie145 30 Nov 21 09:27 AM

It would be dependent on the T&Cs when booking
If booked pre covid you may be covered but I doubt it.

People need to look carefully at insurance to cover all potential issues as well.

2littleboys 30 Nov 21 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizzie145 (Post 15229574)
It would be dependent on the T&Cs when booking
If booked pre covid you may be covered but I doubt it.

People need to look carefully at insurance to cover all potential issues as well.

I booked this holiday in January 2020 to travel Dec 2020, which was cancelled and I moved it to this year.