theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Bathroom scales (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1209565)

Tinkerbell 4 Dec 21 07:51 AM

Bathroom scales

Need new ones. Will have to order from Amazon Spain but I'd appreciate any recommendations. Mine are weighing incorrectly..I weigh daily and mine have been showing a difference of ten pounds when I weigh twice to confirm...which can't be right... I've done the bag of sugar trick and it's the same it can vary from a kilo of sugar to 1.5 in two weighs.

Nothing overly fancy but consistent

sky13 4 Dec 21 08:21 AM

I have a Withings body+.

It has been pretty consistent for me - no large variations in weight if I step on and off and on again.

It's a Wifi scale though, so has a lot of bells and whistles like automatic weight logging to my phone, which I've found extremely helpful for me but which are features that you may not need! (It's also not cheap because of all the bells and whistles...)

Smilesonfaces 4 Dec 21 08:43 AM

My son recently bought Renpho scales. They are Bluetooth and send details of body fat, weight, bmi etc to an app. They were not particularly expensive from Amazon, about £20 ish. Son and husband say they are very accurate and the app is useful as you can keep a record of your weights. (Strangely just for me they say I’m at least a stone heavier than I think I am though 😭😭

MK_club1987 4 Dec 21 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces (Post 15234420)
My son recently bought Renpho scales. They are Bluetooth and send details of body fat, weight, bmi etc to an app. They were not particularly expensive from Amazon, about £20 ish. Son and husband say they are very accurate and the app is useful as you can keep a record of your weights. (Strangely just for me they say I’m at least a stone heavier than I think I am though 😭😭

I second these, had them for a year and for the price they are fantastic.

Tinkerbell 4 Dec 21 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces (Post 15234420)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MK_club1987 (Post 15234499)
I second these, had them for a year and for the price they are fantastic.

Thank you. Found them on Amazon Spain will order hopefully I'll be lighter😂😂😂😂😂😂

tspill 4 Dec 21 11:22 AM

Weight Watchers seem to be more accurate than many.

DISNEYALI 4 Dec 21 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tspill (Post 15234560)
Weight Watchers seem to be more accurate than many.

I have Weight Watchers scales and they have always weighed me exactly the same as when I have weighed in at Slimming World

mitch84 4 Dec 21 06:40 PM

Are your scales Digital? If so Are you calibrating your scales properly.
If you weigh 3 times are the second and third the same?

Tinkerbell 4 Dec 21 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitch84 (Post 15234909)
Are your scales Digital? If so Are you calibrating your scales properly.
If you weigh 3 times are the second and third the same?

Yes they are and no I can stand on them eight times and no two are the same.

mitch84 4 Dec 21 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell (Post 15234920)
Yes they are and no I can stand on them eight times and no two are the same.

Ahh ok! Only reason I ask if that I didn’t know about the calibration, first time I stand on them they weigh really heavy, but then 2,3,4,5 etc are the same number