theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Car Hire & Transportation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Virgin car hire (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1057146)

staffiedog 5 Dec 17 09:41 AM

Virgin car hire

I've just been looking on virgins site for car hire and noticed that a full size suv with alamo is under £700 (july/august 2018) while with everyone else alamo seem to be astronomical , ive booked with Discount Florida Car Hire using budget and this cost £729 although i haven't paid yet . So can anyone use virgin car hire even if you haven't booked flights through them ? And do they do free cancellations like Andy at DFCH ?

Derek

Mr Tom Morrow 5 Dec 17 09:52 AM

I used to use them all the time, not so much now as for my dates Alamo Brits comes out cheaper.
Always book via VA not VH as your documents come within hours or a few days. With VH they can take months!
Bit weird really as VH are the provider anyhow.

staffiedog 5 Dec 17 10:02 AM

Alamo brits with my dates come out at £1,414.92 ! just wondering how a third party can be that much cheaper than going direct

Mr Tom Morrow 5 Dec 17 10:14 AM

It is weird isn't it.

Now Virgin always advertised free cancellation. It still is but you have to hunt to find that under the FAQ's. Also they say it's £30 to cancel and over £100! But buried in there is also free cancellation so I would screen shot that and keep it if required.

Try Netflights for an Alamo car as well, some keen prices. Only 1 driver though whereas Brits and Virgin have 2.

IndianaMac 5 Dec 17 10:47 AM

VA coming up cheaper for my dates in August '18 also. Alamo Brits, DFCH, both in at silly prices.

In another thread I had running, Andy/DFCH alluded to having theirs and Brits quotes using the high season premium for the whole rental, even if only the first couple of days fell into that period (which mine do). No idea how VA get around this, but £411 vs £800 (Intermediate SUV, 2 drivers) is a bit of a no-brainer.

staffiedog 5 Dec 17 12:11 PM

Looking around ive found that Orlando attractions are a lot cheaper with Alamo as well , i dont know weather to go with one of these or stay with budget/andy . Are Alamo that much better ?

I love walmart 5 Dec 17 12:26 PM

I have just booked with Virgin Atlantic as they were by far the cheapest for Alamo. All seems good so far. Document arrived via email quickly and I was able to do online check in and skip the line.

Mr Tom Morrow 5 Dec 17 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staffiedog (Post 12968066)
Looking around ive found that Orlando attractions are a lot cheaper with Alamo as well , i dont know weather to go with one of these or stay with budget/andy . Are Alamo that much better ?

Is that via usrentacar using the link on their website?

If so they are fine. Just check all the insurances are ok though.

staffiedog 5 Dec 17 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow (Post 12968078)
Is that via usrentacar using the link on their website?

If so they are fine. Just check all the insurances are ok though.

Yes i just followed a link from there website and i think it says they offer free cancellation as well

DFCH-Andy 5 Dec 17 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staffiedog (Post 12968066)

Could you drop me a quick email and I'll take a look and have a word with my supplier to see if I can do anything with the Alamo price.

USRentaCar charge £50 cancellation fee according to the terms on their site.