theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Tell me your Universal Highlights. We have a lot to learn (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1111602)

Kidd McFluff 6 Jan 19 11:13 PM

Tell me your Universal Highlights. We have a lot to learn

We've booked a week in the new Endless Summer resort for this August. So far we know just about nothing about Universal but with 7 days on site and three park tickets we think we'll probably have plenty of time to make sure we see all the good bits.

What was your favourite ride in the parks? Are there any shows worth seeing (we loved The Lion King, Tiki Tiki Tiki Room and Indiana Jones shows at WDW).

How do you book shows? Is there a pre-booking option and do you have to pay extra for them?

Are there any cool themed areas or exhibits to check out? (We had great fun exploring the Star Wars Exhibits in HS)

We'll hopefully be eating out most evenings on I-Drive and again having only stayed onsite at WDW or miles away in a villa we have no idea what's good here. What was your favourite?

We will not have Express Passes although we will get early park access so any advice around this would be great. Our dates are the 25th Aug - 1st Sept.

Thanks

Fefster 6 Jan 19 11:46 PM

The Horror Makeup Show is a must see, you just turn up, no booking required.

Mexy02 6 Jan 19 11:57 PM

Have a wet ride day and do all the water rides in one go . You will get soaked through to your skin so chose footwear carefully and don’t take a bag on but bilge-Rat barge is epic . You need to ride it at least 3 times consecutively lol.

Guest 7 Jan 19 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mexy02 (Post 13632189)
Have a wet ride day and do all the water rides in one go . You will get soaked through to your skin so chose footwear carefully and don’t take a bag on but bilge-Rat barge is epic . You need to ride it at least 3 times consecutively lol.

As above. And have a spare pair of shoes in the hotel as wet feet for a few walking days is not good.

I like bilge rat, but Dudley do-right soaks me every time. Back seat seems to worst though ☹️

Mexy02 7 Jan 19 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales (Post 13632202)
As above. And have a spare pair of shoes in the hotel as wet feet for a few walking days is not good.

I like bilge rat, but Dudley do-right soaks me every time. Back seat seems to worst though ☹️

Dudley do right you may as well just get in the bath fully clothed before getting on it :pgig::pgig:

lizzie145 7 Jan 19 12:49 AM

I have a week just doing universal this month - i plan to just absorb the things i bypass to get to the next ride. I want to do the horror make-up show and all the HP shows.

The end of August should be ok without an express pass

YLL 7 Jan 19 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mexy02 (Post 13632220)
Dudley do right you may as well just get in the bath fully clothed before getting on it :pgig::pgig:

Lol Bilge-rat is like being pushed into a swimming pool fully clothed. I was soaked to the bone!

florida_2012 7 Jan 19 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mexy02 (Post 13632189)

Agree😀 the wet rides in universal are far wetter than the wet rides at Disney but so worth it. We had fun walking around IOA absolutely dripping after the Popeye ride

PIGLET38 7 Jan 19 07:35 AM

We are staying at Hard Rock Hotel for 10 nights from the 24th August so will be there the same time. This is a first for us to just do the Universal parks and Volcano Bay so looking forward to taking things at a slower pace. I haven’t watched the Blues Brothers for years, but always found that to be really good. It’s down one of the side streets at Universal and you just turn up to watch them put on a bit of a singing show.

captbnut 7 Jan 19 08:43 AM

As others have said, on the wet rides you get soaked. Chucked in a river soaked.

The Harry Potter stuff is incredibly well done, although we much preferred Diagon Alley to Hogsmead. If you want to ride the Hogwarts Express you need a park hopper (about £35pp on our 14 day ticket)