theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Honeymoon 2020-fully booked! (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1158728)

Jaxx 22 Jan 20 10:40 PM

Honeymoon 2020-fully booked!

After 18 (yes 18!) years together, OH and I are finally getting married in September this year. Having a small family wedding then off to NYC and Orlando!

Itinery so far:

3 nights NYC
3 nights at Universal RPR
7 nights at Yacht Club, with DDP.

We've both been to New York many times before, so happy to potter around there but will be our first time in Orlando , so lots to read up on :chip_boun

Have found this forum to be so helpful and informative, so plan is to read more trip reports, appreciate that you can only do so much when there and keep checking the Dibb :)

Guest 23 Jan 20 05:33 AM

Sounds like a very nice trip. I am doing NYC and Orlando in April for my birthday. I have written dibb reviews (links under my name /avatar) for the hotels you mention, both excellent choices.

Tinkermom 23 Jan 20 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaxx (Post 14253981)
After 18 (yes 18!) years together, OH and I are finally getting married in September this year. Having a small family wedding then off to NYC and Orlando!

Itinery so far:

3 nights NYC
3 nights at Universal RPR
7 nights at Yacht Club, with DDP.

We've both been to New York many times before, so happy to potter around there but will be our first time in Orlando , so lots to read up on :chip_boun

Have found this forum to be so helpful and informative, so plan is to read more trip reports, appreciate that you can only do so much when there and keep checking the Dibb :)

I lived in NYC for over a year and it’s still very much my favourite city in the world, as you’ve been before you probably have a plan but if you need any suggestions please shout.

The Yacht Club is lovely, my main tip would be not to expect to do everything, don’t rush to fit too much in. Make sure you plan some down time in your stay to enjoy your hotel.

Have an amazing time :thumbs-up

Jaxx 23 Jan 20 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claudette (Post 14254175)
Sounds like a very nice trip. I am doing NYC and Orlando in April for my birthday. I have written dibb reviews (links under my name /avatar) for the hotels you mention, both excellent choices.

Thanks Claudette. I will check out your reviews!

Jaxx 23 Jan 20 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkermom (Post 14254220)
I lived in NYC for over a year and it’s still very much my favourite city in the world, as you’ve been before you probably have a plan but if you need any suggestions please shout.

Thanks! Its ours too! We haven't been for maybe 3/4 years, so I'm sure there's been many changes in that short time!

Quote:

Yacht Club is lovely, my main tip would be not to expect to do everything, don’t rush to fit too much in. Make sure you plan some down time in your stay to enjoy your hotel.

Have an amazing time :thumbs-up
Oh absolutely! We've tried to prioritise the things we really want to do (HW Studios/Galaxy's Edge, Epcot food and wine) and then just enjoy the other parks at our leisure!

Potterer 23 Jan 20 06:06 PM

Sounds bliss!

We love RPR and have stayed twice. Easy walk to the park or a leisurely boat ride. Plus lots of places to eat at Citywalk.