theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Prom dress price? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1158837)

Nelee 23 Jan 20 10:20 PM

Prom dress price?

Can anyone give me an idea of how much they paid for their daughters prom dress, we are going Saturday to try some on and I cant seem to find any prices online.
In my head I was thinking between £200-£300? Is this a realistic price range or am I way off? I'd rather know what to expect so theres no unexpected surprises :-)

Cherrypie 23 Jan 20 10:25 PM

£300-£400 - I wouldn’t pay it so I ended up buying a second hand one (worn for 5 hours) from eBay x

Lell 23 Jan 20 10:27 PM

My daughter had 2 proms. The first one we bought in Florida for just over £200 I think. The second one we bought in Glasgow ant it was about £500. That was a few years ago. There were cheaper and more expensive options but I think £500 was about the average in the shop we went to.

dippiedawnie 23 Jan 20 10:36 PM

My sons girlfriend paid £350 for the dresss for their prom last year but then with shoes, bag, jewellery, hair, makeup, nails etc her mam told me it was closer to £650 for the finished look! I am so pleased we have a boy. By August this year his prom suit will have be used for a christening, prom and wedding just with a different shirt and tie each time.

Melanie R 23 Jan 20 10:38 PM

My niece has just ordered hers - a snip at £450. My sister needed a large gin to recover from the shock 😂

Princess Alison 23 Jan 20 10:49 PM

This will be coming my way at the end of the school year - can anyone recommend online or real shops in particular for younger teens please?

Sandra & co 23 Jan 20 11:03 PM

My dd had a chi chi dress bought from Zalando £65 it was short though because she want to be different. Her whole outfit was just over £100 but it’s up to the individual how much they spend. :)

Vinniecat 23 Jan 20 11:34 PM

My daughter chose hers last weekend it was £345 actually slightly cheaper than her sisters was 8 years ago. Also one of the cheaper ones in the shop. Luckily she didn't like the even more expensive ones. The first shop we went to you had to book a private appointment it was just like say yes to the dress. The second shop was really busy we were in for about forty minutes and they sold 6 in that time. I think it almost made us feel a bit rushed because as they don't sell the same dress to more than one person at each school we were worried about being left with little choice.

400ixl 23 Jan 20 11:39 PM

£300-400 from a formal shop with the required alterations to make it fit properly.

Loobylou_82 23 Jan 20 11:47 PM

So glad there was no prom night when my kids went to school ! I'm sure they will all look lovely on the night, but what an expense especially for the ones that can't afford it.