theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Virgin holidays... made me cry (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1130067)

shrek1609 24 May 19 10:51 PM

Virgin holidays... made me cry

Earlier this year I had to cancel the holiday we had booked for June this year (for our 25th wedding anniversary) as I was still undergoing intravenous chemo and couldnt get permission to fly. I was in bits crying when I spoke to them.

Today, despite now being on chemo tablets I have been told I can fly, as my cancer is stable, and I've priced up insurance which was surprisingly ok.

I then rang Virgin and asked them to price a split stay for me and when I gave them my details they were amazing when it brought my past details up and transferred my original deposit over to my new booking, gave me a 10% discount.

MAde me cry (in a good way). They didnt have to do it, and having lost 3 holidays in the past 9 months its restored my faith.

Whereas our other two holidays were with Tui whom despite my being on ICU on a ventilator fighting for my life refused to speak to my husband as he wasnt the lead passenger. :mad:

Well done Virgin holidays youve been amazing

Excitedx4 24 May 19 11:03 PM

Brilliant news so happy for you

Tea 24 May 19 11:03 PM

Well done Virgin, and well done you for kicking cancer's butt. I hope you have an amazing holiday!

Jake71 24 May 19 11:08 PM

Brilliant news, glad your doing better. Enjoy your planning.

Talland 2016 24 May 19 11:12 PM

Brilliant news you must be over the moon
Well done Virgin

angelcake71 24 May 19 11:41 PM

:) Ahh this brilliant news .. wishing you a speedy recovery,and a very happy holiday in Florida.. you truly deserve it xxx

shrek1609 25 May 19 12:26 AM

Can’t praise virgin enough.
They’ve told me to speak with special assistance as I need a fit to fly authorisation, a letter to cover my chemo tablets and other medical paraphernalia etc
They’ve offered assistance at the airports, free fast track and extra cabin baggage all without being asked for.

Looking forward to some Florida sunshine in September.

Unfortunately my cancer is merely stable, not cured but being told I can fly cheered me up no end, and Virgins response was the icing on the cake.

A week at Rosen at Pointe and then a week at HRH including my birthday 🎂

I be much slower and tire more easily but I’m determined to enjoy the sunshine, the food and a few rides again (especially FoP and Forbidden Journey).

Often these large travel companies get slated (and in Tui's case I’d agree) but Virgin are now my only choice for as long as I can keep flying

tiredmumof2 25 May 19 12:31 AM

Well done Virgin but more importantly. well done you! Continue kicking cancer up the hoop! Enjoy your holiday xx

minnie29 25 May 19 12:39 AM

That’s lovely to hear. I hope you have a wonderful holiday - sounds like you deserve it x

Sew109 25 May 19 02:35 AM

We had flights booked with virgin Atlantic we could not fly as my mum (who was not travelling) was not well and we did nit want to leave her virgin refunded every penny of a non refundable ticket. I