theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=171)
-   -   Hotel recommendations for family if 5 in LA... near metro station. (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1193271)

nickyjw 20 Apr 21 02:05 PM

Hotel recommendations for family if 5 in LA... near metro station.

Hi, does anyone have any recommendations for a hotel near a metro station for a family of 5. Last time we visited LA we stayed at the Beverley Hilton which was lovely but we booked a private tour of LA for a full day so didn’t need to use our car. We are thinking about maybe using the metro this time to get around for the day, maybe visiting downtown which we didn’t see much of before. We struggle with there being 5 of us and we only want one room. I’ve seen the Loews Hollywood, I know the area isn’t so nice but we are only there for a 2 nights and thought this could be a handy base for getting around, or maybe somewhere Downtown as we will be travelling to Anaheim early on the morning we leave?
Thanks for any suggestions x

JoS 21 Apr 21 04:59 PM

We stayed at the Lowes Hollywood and apart from the hotel being lovely, the area was great. What makes you think its not a good area? Its right on Hollywood Blvd.

nickyjw 21 Apr 21 10:46 PM

Just that we visited in 2018 and we all felt like that area around Hollywood was a bit seedy.

Twinkletoes47 21 Apr 21 10:56 PM

I’d go for the Loews Hollywood over Downtown - I’ve always been told that Downtown LA is less safe and seeing The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel (Netflix) has reinforced that for me 😟.
Last time we went (2017), (and DS in 2019) we did Airbnb in Hollywood which was fab.

JoS 21 Apr 21 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickyjw (Post 14931939)
Just that we visited in 2018 and we all felt like that area around Hollywood was a bit seedy.

So you thought Hollywood Blvd was seedy?Did you stay at Lowes?

jheaton 21 Apr 21 11:40 PM

DH and I stayed at the Magic Castle hotel which has suites for 5

We walked to the Lowes after our 4 day stay to collect a hire car

It's two blocks from the Chinese theatrr

nickyjw 22 Apr 21 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoS (Post 14931961)
So you thought Hollywood Blvd was seedy?Did you stay at Lowes?

No, we stayed at the Beverly Hilton which was lovely, the area around the Chinese theatre etc although great to see wasn’t overly nice though. I think a lot of people think the same don’t they?

nickyjw 22 Apr 21 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jheaton (Post 14931968)
DH and I stayed at the Magic Castle hotel which has suites for 5

We walked to the Lowes after our 4 day stay to collect a hire car

It's two blocks from the Chinese theatrr

Thankyou, I will take a look . X

nickyjw 22 Apr 21 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinkletoes47 (Post 14931948)
I’d go for the Loews Hollywood over Downtown - I’ve always been told that Downtown LA is less safe and seeing The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel (Netflix) has reinforced that for me 😟.
Last time we went (2017), (and DS in 2019) we did Airbnb in Hollywood which was fab.

Yes I’ve watched that too! Thanks for the advice x

JoS 22 Apr 21 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickyjw (Post 14932348)
No, we stayed at the Beverly Hilton which was lovely, the area around the Chinese theatre etc although great to see wasn’t overly nice though. I think a lot of people think the same don’t they?

Oh right. I didnt know that. We asked on here and several people suggested Lowes. We didnt find the area seedy. We obviously used it as our base. Sorry I cant help and hope you find somewhere.