theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Have any ladies worn Teva sandals? Or other recommendations? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1137317)

TheHughesCrew 17 Jul 19 09:42 PM

Have any ladies worn Teva sandals? Or other recommendations?

As per thread title really! One of my friends has recommended Teva sandals for Florida. I've not heard of them before, so wonder if anyone here wears them for the parks? I'm wide footed, with fallen arches so I'm looking for something supportive. Happy to pay whatever it takes really for happy feet! Thanks x

ETA: if you do wear Teva's, which design do you prefer please?

Stepaway 17 Jul 19 10:09 PM

I bought Tevas in 2011 for my trip and I was 24 weeks pregnant. Very comfy and they don’t do the design any more but they lasted well and no issues.

Bought a new pair recently and am currently breaking them in. I have wide feet and so far they are doing well but would suggest you go half a size larger than normal for them.

paw 17 Jul 19 10:29 PM

I have worn Teva waterproof leather walking sandals for a long time. I have hiked all over the USA, Australia and New Zealand in them as well as countless Disney miles.

My original ones finally became uncomfortable last year (10 years old) when I managed to get sand in the lining which I couldn’t get out - that was my excuse anyway as they wouldn’t die and I fancied new ones.

I am current breaking in my new ones. I didn’t think I would have to but I was finding the footbed caused friction blisters. Solved that last week with some ductape, walked on it for a couple of hours, pulled it off and they are now perfect.

Pussycat Doll 17 Jul 19 10:50 PM

My hubby wears Tevas, he loves them

folkie 17 Jul 19 11:02 PM

I love them. Mine (Hurricane FI) are at least 14 years old but still in very good condition. Very supportive and practical and lots of adjustment for foot width. They're great for clambering over rocks, swimming off stony beaches, gardening, or just simply walking miles and miles round Disney parks! If I'm not wearing flip flops in the summer, I'm in my Tevas - they just go on for ever more and pretty much refuse to die :D
When they get a bit mucky I just throw them in the washing machine (on their own or the velcro sticks to everything) and they come out looking great.

Edit: I thought I'd had them for about 10 years (which is what this post originally said), but then I found this photo of me wearing them in August 2005 so they're even older than I thought!

JanetA 17 Jul 19 11:07 PM

I bought a pair of Teva sandals in 2005 while on a Road Trip in the USA and they are the most comfortable sandals I have ever had, I have worn them on two USA trips every year since then and they are still comfy but are looking a bit tired so in March this year while in Florida I decided to by a new pair but I bought the old pair home with me I could not part with the, go on spoil yourself you will not be dissappointed

mouskevik 18 Jul 19 06:00 AM

Hello, I have wide feet and I wear Karrimor Antibes. I'm a runner and as I'm used to wearing running shoes with arch support I do find the Karrimor sandals comfortable.

raven45678 18 Jul 19 09:39 AM

I have quite wide feet and bought a pair of Teva but found them rather too narrow - it would be worth trying some on before you buy just in case.

LLamb 18 Jul 19 09:56 AM

I have two pair and they are amazing, I love them. So comfortable and supportive, I have very low arches. Have worn them in on two Orlando holidays and never had an blisters or pain.
I have quite narrow feet and get the vera so don’t go for that one.
The hurricane is a wider fitting.

MENTALMUM 18 Jul 19 10:21 AM

I have wide feet and a high arch, I prefer KEEN or Karrimor as they fit better. I have worn my KEEN sandals for the last 5 years and my daughter lives in her Karrimor sandals. I would suggest you pop into an outdoor shop and try some on as they all fit differently. Have a good walk around the shop and most outdoor shops will be able advise you what would suit your feet best.