theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Go Away Green (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1192014)

Libby 1 Apr 21 01:16 PM

Go Away Green

DH and I decided to change the colour of our garden fence. It's a small garden but since the neighbours changed the fence on their side it feels even more enclosed.

We decided to go for green, but in a light, unobtrousive shade to try and brighten things up.

We chose Cuprinol in Wild Thyme.

Now he's started to paint I've realised that it reminds me of the hoardings and background colours at WDW. :grin:

Cloverlady 1 Apr 21 01:20 PM

Lovely! :)

We have Cuprinol Willow green, which is a pale kind of dusty grey/green and Cuprinol Country Cream in our garden!

These colours really brighten up or gardens! Thankfully these days we have these options and are not stuck between the choice of just 'oak' and 'mahogany' type colours! :)

Libby 1 Apr 21 01:42 PM

My mother used to use creosote on her fence. Killed anything it dripped on, but kept the fence from rotting.

I much prefer the colour and smell of our paint.

enjibenji 1 Apr 21 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libby (Post 14904160)
My mother used to use creosote on her fence. Killed anything it dripped on, but kept the fence from rotting.

Remember those days, I wonder if its any good for the weeds popping up through the patio 🤔😂

megaflyer 1 Apr 21 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libby (Post 14904160)

Creosote good for fence staining and for keeping foxes out of your garden/away from chickens . I used to love the smell too when the men were in doing our fences (happy days) - I think you cant buy it know (H&S?)

Tinks2014 1 Apr 21 02:00 PM

I would love to colour our fence in a light grey. Was bad enough getting husband to paint the shed grey as he seems to like the brown. I’ve told him we don’t want boring magnolia in the house either and that is slowly going so small steps for him.
Next time we are going to paint it I will get the paint myself :)

disneypars 1 Apr 21 02:11 PM

Creosote mixed with used motor oil was great on fences (unfortunately not for the environment) and used to last even longer.

Don't think you can buy "real" creosote any more probably banned by the EU just like the cheap weedkiller we used to be able to buy.

scottishmum 1 Apr 21 02:14 PM

We painted ours grey last summer, it was that red cedar colour before and it really drew the garden in. Now looks so much bigger and pleasing to the eye with this colour.

Tinks2014 1 Apr 21 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottishmum (Post 14904186)
We painted ours grey last summer, it was that red cedar colour before and it really drew the garden in. Now looks so much bigger and pleasing to the eye with this colour.

That’s exactly my thoughts. It will happen :)

Emmie2016 1 Apr 21 02:34 PM

I have started painting mine wild thyme, its quite green but green in the sun. We love it 🙂