theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Vrbo No Reviews Villa (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1197674)

Cammywatson033 21 Jun 21 10:32 PM

Vrbo No Reviews Villa

Hi guys,

Saw a villa on Vrbo that we like but it doesn’t have any reviews, is this worrying? There is nothing suspicious about it I.e. cheap price etc but just worried that it has no reviews. It’s managed by a company called Dreams Vacation Rentals and I emailed and asked if there was a reason the have no reviews on Vrbo. They emailed back to say that they receive the majority of their rentals elsewhere. They have a website and some reviews on Google but just want to know if anyone would be put off this villa?

Thanks

Lisbon 21 Jun 21 10:38 PM

This is probably true, some management companies are also using sites now for owners to get guests who will definitely be able to travel, lots of owners who only took brits are now taking guests from other countries

walden64 22 Jun 21 07:36 AM

We only joined VRBO at the end of last year so even though we have been renting out our home for years we had no reviews.
A couple of potential guests contacted me about it and I could point them in the direction of a couple of UK sites we have always advertised on so they could see those reviews.
Luckily we now have 5* reviews on AirBnB and VRBO.

YorkshireT 22 Jun 21 07:42 AM

As a long time user of VRBO / Homeaway I’d be reticent to pick one with no reviews. As above though everyone has to start somewhere.

munmun 22 Jun 21 07:55 AM

Try Googling the name and area of the villa you may find reviews on a different site. I would contact the owners/ management company and ask.

I like VRBO as a site

EssexSue 22 Jun 21 08:26 AM

We have the same problem with the Dibb actually. Once people have a lot of reviews it's hard to break through. On the other hand we have many many reviews on VRBO and fortunately they are our main advertising platform which has certainly worked to our advantage this year.

Pixiebelle 22 Jun 21 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EssexSue (Post 15019051)
We have the same problem with the Dibb actually. Once people have a lot of reviews it's hard to break through. On the other hand we have many many reviews on VRBO and fortunately they are our main advertising platform which has certainly worked to our advantage this year.

Same here... we have a few reviews from Dibb guests but over 70= reviews on VRBO. We have also found in the past that sometimes guests have been unable to submit a review because the platfform didn't allow unless it had been booked through VRBO.

EssexSue 22 Jun 21 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixiebelle (Post 15019231)
Same here... we have a few reviews from Dibb guests but over 70= reviews on VRBO. We have also found in the past that sometimes guests have been unable to submit a review because the platfform didn't allow unless it had been booked through VRBO.

Yes but that guarantees all reviews are absolutely genuine and we can't do anything about them.

Pixiebelle 22 Jun 21 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EssexSue (Post 15019238)
Yes but that guarantees all reviews are absolutely genuine and we can't do anything about them.

Very true however I have to submit all my external bookings onto the VRBO calendar it would be nice if guests could submit their reviews as well through the platform.

EssexSue 22 Jun 21 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixiebelle (Post 15019992)
Very true however I have to submit all my external bookings onto the VRBO calendar it would be nice if guests could submit their reviews as well through the platform.

Yes they did used to be able to too.