theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   US entry rule change to be announced on Thursday (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1209375)

Rapscallion 1 Dec 21 03:46 AM

US entry rule change to be announced on Thursday

Putting aside the political spin within the article, this seems legit. There could be some tightening up.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...gal-immigrants

"President Biden's enhanced winter COVID-19 strategy that will be announced Thursday will require every traveler entering the country, including returning U.S. citizens, to be tested one day before boarding their flight. The rule will also apply to vaccinated travelers, who previously were only required to show a negative test no more than three days before their flight, according to the Washington Post."

"As part of the enhanced strategy to fight the Omicron variant, the White House is considering a policy that would require travelers to take an additional test three to five days after they enter the country. More controversially, the administration is considering requiring all travelers to self-quarantine for seven days even if they receive a negative test. U.S. citizens would also be subject to this requirement, with fines and penalties for those who fail to comply."

EDIT: Washington Post Link:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...ules-us-entry/

Rapscallion 1 Dec 21 04:00 AM

The Washington Post article is more informative and does go on to say that the two testing changes are in a draft proposal put forward for approval. The two testing changes being:

- Testing 24hrs before departure, not 72hrs.
- Having to attest that you will be re-tested 3-5 days after arrival.

It does go on to say that the testing post arrival may not be practically enforceable and I believe it brings vaccinated adults to the same requirements as unvaccinated children who had to attest to the same thing. Reports to date seem to be that there had been no follow up on this post arrival testing for children.

The article states that the 7 day quarantine is not in the draft proposal but that it leaves the door open for that if necessary.

Personally I don't have a big issue testing 24hrs prior to departure. We would need to reschedule our supervised tests next week.

Unsure how I feel about the 3-5 day test. If it is not enforced then it probably mirrors what is happening already with kids. I hear most people have been taking their own test kits with them from home. If that is an option I will do that.

Gryff 1 Dec 21 04:08 AM

I’ll do exactly as I’m asked
Even though they don’t have robust checks in place I’ve too much skin in the game
To risk not and I do realise the 7 day quarantine is not feasible for most it’s fine for me if I can do:it in the villa with a instacart or Kroger delivery

Bootrip2 1 Dec 21 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gryff (Post 15230597)
I’ll do exactly as I’m asked
Even though they don’t have robust checks in place I’ve too much skin in the game
To risk not and I do realise the 7 day quarantine is not feasible for most it’s fine for me if I can do:it in the villa with a instacart or Kroger delivery

There are worse places to quarantine! I hope you still manage to travel safely. X

lizzie145 1 Dec 21 04:48 AM

the 7 day quarantine would finish off most people i expect.

Chilli-pepper 1 Dec 21 05:28 AM

Lets hope they give few days notice of a start day - We are due to have our COVID tests tonight for travelling Friday, I am not sure how easy it would be to get a re test Thursday along with everyone else scrambling to get a test.

Tracydcp 1 Dec 21 06:33 AM

Really hope they don’t introduce a 7 day quarantine but ok to move our tests next week by a day.

Tracydcp 1 Dec 21 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizzie145 (Post 15230603)

Yes we’d have to postpone if they brought this in 😕

LOU LOU DISNEY 1 Dec 21 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizzie145 (Post 15230603)

Especially if you’re only going for 4 nights to Washington DC!

flo-tinka 1 Dec 21 07:40 AM

😞 😞 😞
The suggested new testing sounds reasonable but that 7 day isolation obviously renders our holiday impracticable (just over a week in one room at Universals Endless Summer)
I’m really beginning to think that New Year at Universal isn’t happening for us this year, although have been trying to keep positive to date. I’m not an anxious person but all this uncertainty isn’t good for anyone. Perhaps my Mum is right, it’s not worth the effort?

If the quarantine requirements are brought in, does anyone know how we stand with Virgin Holidays for postponing yet again, even though US are not stopping us travelling, just the conditions don’t suit us (and plenty of others I’m guessing)?