theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Beyond the Parks (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Wynwood Walls, Miami. (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1157473)

Rac20 12 Jan 20 07:41 PM

Wynwood Walls, Miami.

Good Evening!:wavey:

We are planning on visiting Wynwood Walls during our visit in July. Has anyone ever been? I've read that the immediate area where Wynwood walls is is safe but it is right next to some questionable areas. Slightly worried that we might get lost and end up in an area that I don't want to be!
Are there places to park near the Walls? We are planning on going for a quick look either after we've checked in to our Miami Airport hotel on our first evening. If all goes to plan and the plane lands on time, I estimate we can be there for about 6ish whilst it's still daylight. It's only a 15 minute drive away according to google maps. We have one night in Miami before we drive up to Orlando the next day. The alternative is that we go the next morning but it doesn't open until 10:30am according to the website and I imagine we might be up early due to jet lag and don't want to be hanging around in Miami as we are checking in to Cabana Bay at Universal that day.

If anyone has been and can offer advice on where to park and eating places nearby that would be great. Not sure that we'll be hungry but helps to be prepared!:thumbs-up

COL41 12 Jan 20 07:55 PM

We went with our two teenagers and didn’t feel at all unsafe walking about Wynwood. Parked on one of the roads easily enough. Didn’t eat there but stopped for coffee and a snack-think was called Panther cafe

Rac20 12 Jan 20 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COL41 (Post 14238571)
We went with our two teenagers and didn’t feel at all unsafe walking about away wood. Parked on one of the roads easily enough. Didn’t eat there but stopped for coffee and a snack-think was called Panther cafe

Thank you. That’s reassuring to know. I’ll check out the cafe.☺️

Sparksy72 12 Jan 20 08:13 PM

We did this a couple of weeks ago with my parents on our drive back to Miami Airport. My DH, DS and I have visited it on a previous trip to Miami and I really wanted to show my parents. There are lots of parking areas but we parked in a lot on NW 2nd Ave and NW 29th street and it was $15 for two hours which was plenty of time. It is super busy so I didn’t feel unsafe at any point, however it is located in the middle of a housing area and some parts did feel a little run down. We didn’t eat but did stop for a quick drink at R House, which is a drag bar. We didn’t realise until we took our drinks into the beer garden and saw lots of very glamorous women in very very tight dresses and super high heels! Wynward Walls are great and there is lots of street art on the surrounding businesses. :D

I did a dining report for our most recent trip and there is a small section at the end with pics of the Wynward walls. Xx

Rac20 12 Jan 20 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 (Post 14238605)
We did this a couple of weeks ago with my parents on our drive back to Miami Airport. My DH, DS and I have visited it on a previous trip to Miami and I really wanted to show my parents. There are lots of parking areas but we parked in a lot on NW 2nd Ave and NW 29th street and it was $15 for two hours which was plenty of time. It is super busy so I didn’t feel unsafe at any point, however it is located in the middle of a housing area and some parts did feel a little run down. We didn’t eat but did stop for a quick drink at R House, which is a drag bar. We didn’t realise until we took our drinks into the beer garden and saw lots of very glamorous women in very very tight dresses and super high heels! Wynward Walls are great and there is lots of street art on the surrounding businesses. :D

I did a dining report for our most recent trip and there is a small section at the end with pics of the Wynward walls. Xx

Thank you so much for that. 🤗

It’s really for my DH why we are going. He teaches art and design so has an interest in these things but I’m sure me and the boys will enjoy it too.

Sparksy72 12 Jan 20 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rac20 (Post 14238894)
Thank you so much for that. 🤗

It’s really for my DH why we are going. He teaches art and design so has an interest in these things but I’m sure me and the boys will enjoy it too.

Honestly I am in no way artistic :D however we really did enjoy it. Just watch out for all the instagrammers :erm: :pgig:

COL41 13 Jan 20 06:18 AM

Not sure how old your children are, but a few music videos have been filmed in Wynwood. We looked at some on YouTube/google before we went which made it interesting to look out for