theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   The 12 Days of Easter - Complete (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=863541)

theCMG 16 Mar 15 10:24 PM

(Complete) The 12 Days of Easter - Disney Dining Report

Hey lovely Dibbers :) This thread records our trip to Orlando over Easter (me DW and DD, intros follow). I've taken pictures of all the food and drink and provided a bit of a commentary on what we're up to after enjoying and picking up so much from all the wonderful foodie threads on here.

I also kept a note of step counts for the days in case anyone is interested as I tend to track this anyway. I was a little worried taking 2 fairly light eaters with me to Florida but hey ho we'll have to try not to overorder and stick to the good stuff. I can see a lot of desserts and milkshakes disappearing with me left trying to do the mains justice.

The Trip:

We were out at Easter for just under 2 weeks with half the time at POFQ with DDP, moved to the Beach Club (no ddp) half way through as we love EPCOT and good pools among other things. DD has been very briefly to DLP but is otherwise a newbie, DW and I have a handful of trips between us from earlier times (once together). For budgetary reasons and after taking advantage of a couple of good offers, the other two are likely to be flying in a better class than me in both directions, I intended to milk this for all it's worth when we were there ;)

Jedi Princess 19 Mar 15 09:20 PM

Sounds good, looking forward to reading more.

theCMG 19 Mar 15 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jedi Princess (Post 10469924)
Sounds good, looking forward to reading more.

Bless you for your reply JP :) having hit single digits today (:mickeywal etc.) I was just about to carry on my pre trip noodling.

theCMG 19 Mar 15 09:25 PM

Schedule: Parks and Planned Eats/ADRs

Pre travel day - Gatwick (dinner The Greets Inn, Warnham)
Travel day - Gatwick to POFQ
Day 1 Universal Studios (lunch Margaritaville)
Day 2 Magic Kingdom (dinner @CRT - too early in holiday/jet lag worries)
Day 3 Kennedy Space Centre (dinner Narcoosees)
Day 4 Animal Kingdom (lunch Yak and Yeti, dinner T-Rex)
Day 5 rest day @ Typhoon Lagoon (dinner Johnnies Hideaway)
Day 6 Hollywood Studios 1/2 day & change hotel/Beach Club (lunch Sci-Fi, dinner San Angel Inn)
Day 7 Shopping & World Showcase (dinner Via Napoli)
Day 8 Hollywood Studios 1/2 day (breakfast Ohana, dinner Brown Derby)
Day 9 Magic Kingdom (lunch Liberty Tree Tavern)
Day 10 EPCOT (dinner Hoop de Doo)
Day 11 Hollywood Studios 1/2 day (lunch Beaches & Cream)
Day 12 Travel day Orlando-Newark-Heathrow (breakfast Akershus)

We also have an ADR at le Cellier that I'm probably going to cancel in favour of exploring the stalls in the Flower and Garden festival.

Likely walk-up eats at Millers ale house, Cracker Barrel, bahama breeze, longhorns, Colombia harbour house and the POFQ food court I'm sure.

Stay tuned ;)

Parkie 21 Mar 15 03:25 PM

I hope this coming week flybys for you lol

halloweenbaby2 21 Mar 15 03:52 PM

Wow I wish my countdown was that low. Have a fabulous time, looking forward to reading all about it.

Guest 21 Mar 15 11:27 PM

Sounds like a great plan. Look forward to reading.

Jewelsm 22 Mar 15 10:05 AM

Really looking forward to your updates. We are going for easter next year and i am so excited now... i will be unbearable this time next year!

theCMG 22 Mar 15 03:27 PM

Thanks Parkie, halloweenbaby2, Oli (love your reports) and Jewel. Counting down the days now, hope you enjoy the trip :) will try to take some good pics for you. Time for introductions, saving the photos for the food:

Me, 40'ish, chief planner and general disney fan, love Star Wars including the new cartoons. Otherwise I'd like to be Agent P from Phineas and Ferb, coolest platypus ever! I'm an aspiring foodie and all round nomnivore. I like to sample the drinks too but maybe not so much opportunity this time, will try to fit the occasional flight, interesting beer or cocktail in though ;) oh and some wine

DW, 40's, more interested in shopping than rides but loves old school disney so hopefully will be around for the majority of the park time (already excused from day one @Universal!). Insistent that we go to Kennedy Space Centre. DW is keen on quality food especially seafood, steak and Italian. Has many culinary foibles (e.g will only eat pork sausages that don't taste of pork). Has gone off wine in recent times

Dd, 9 emerging tween and Frozen lover, into Toy Story, Star Wars, rides and water parks too. Eats mainly the kids meal staples in small quantities plus anything Italian, carb-heavy or sweet in adult size portions. It's a struggle to get her to drink enough but luckily at Easter it shouldn't be too hot. Dd still will not drink anything even remotely sparkling which is no bad thing I guess.

Floridasun 24 Mar 15 03:03 PM

Food photos. OOOhhh I can't wait. Love florida food pics. We'll be there at the same time but we aren't doing Disney. You must be longing for this week to go as quickly as possible too then!