theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Magic band question (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1130088)

Pep 25 May 19 08:10 AM

Magic band question

Hi all my family and I are off on our florida adventure on Wednesday. Do i as party leader pay for everything on my magic band or do all the magic bands work for charging things to or can I select which ones work individually?

returnplanning 25 May 19 08:18 AM

When you check in you can link a card to your room, and set which Magic Bands are allowed to 'tap and pay' for purchases, so no worries about your 7 year old spending $500 in the gift shop!

Pep 25 May 19 08:35 AM

Lol that's what I was worried about but more like my 20 and 18 year old although my 2 year old is getting quite clever now and she has the bad influence of her two older sisters to sway her over to the dark side lol.thanks for your help

Gummibears 25 May 19 09:00 AM

You can add a pin to your magic band. Then it is up to you if you want to share it to any one else in your group or not.

loves2plan 25 May 19 09:07 AM

Have you got the dining plan too? You set up a pin for each magic individual band (we use year of birth as something easy to remember) and that is entered each time the band is used for charging or using dining credits. If you don't want your children to have charging privileges, just let the front desk know when you check in and they'll disable that function, but they'll still be able to use it for dining credits if you have a plan. Alternatively, if they have cards that they would like to charge to, you can get the CM to link their own cards to their magic bands, so they will get charged rather than you :)

Guest 25 May 19 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pep (Post 13864300)
Lol that's what I was worried about but more like my 20 and 18 year old although my 2 year old is getting quite clever now and she has the bad influence of her two older sisters to sway her over to the dark side lol.thanks for your help

We had to use a pin to make purchases, I didn’t get the impression this was optional, so don’t tell people the pin if you don’t want random items charged.

Pep 25 May 19 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loves2plan (Post 13864368)
Have you got the dining plan too? You set up a pin for each magic individual band (we use year of birth as something easy to remember) and that is entered each time the band is used for charging or using dining credits. If you don't want your children to have charging privileges, just let the front desk know when you check in and they'll disable that function, but they'll still be able to use it for dining credits if you have a plan. Alternatively, if they have cards that they would like to charge to, you can get the CM to link their own cards to their magic bands, so they will get charged rather than you :)

No we don't have Dp I will sort out at the front desk so as only my wife and I have charging privileges . Thanks

speedygonzales 25 May 19 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loves2plan (Post 13864368)

Is that correct about entering PIN when using dining credits?
I only ask as I can't remember doing it in 2016, but more importantly, I've forgotten the PIN i used then and I can't edit it via MDE :confused2

loves2plan 25 May 19 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedygonzales (Post 13865236)
Is that correct about entering PIN when using dining credits?
I only ask as I can't remember doing it in 2016, but more importantly, I've forgotten the PIN i used then and I can't edit it via MDE :confused2

Yes, it's 100% correct :) You hold your magic band to the reader, Mickey head goes green and then you enter your PIN number to authorise. We always set a pin up for our children too so they can get their own QS meals and snacks. It's a security feature so that if you lose your band and someone else finds it, they can use your dining plan credits or charge to your room.

Don't worry if you've forgotten your pin from last time as when you do online check-in you can set up a new pin for the new bands that you'll get when you check in. You can also do it with a CM when you get there too if you don't want to do online check-in.