theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Beyond the Parks (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Beach break help... where to choose (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1180013)

toots82 11 Sep 20 04:53 PM

Beach break help... where to choose

Hi

So we've decided to spend 5 nights of our trip next year (if we make it, booked for March/April) at a beach... never done it before so I'm lost!

We would like nice beaches (obv), kids would love to be able to do watersports either at the beach or go for a kayaking trip close by. I love the idea of sitting at night with a cocktail, watching the sun set then strolling back to our hotel. We will have the car so maybe a shopping centre or something within driving distance in case theres a rainy day etc. Other stuff to do also good...we can't spend all day, every day sitting on the beach, sounds daft I know but 2 incredibly fair skinned kids. Bonita Springs is about as far as we would go as we will be coming back up to Orlando to finish with 2 nights at RPR.

We visited Clearwater once but actually never made it to the beach :blush::erm: we did the aquarium then the film exhibit then ds insisted on going back to aquarium then Little Toot and by that time we were wiped out LOL. I wondered about St. Petes as then we could drive to CW if they wanted to do the aquarium? I'm lost :erm:

Thanks in advance(PS...I'm a sucker for a sunset pic and would love to get some of my own)

NewtoOrlando 12 Sep 20 11:17 AM

We've probably spent more time on the east coast beaches than we have the gulf coast, we love Cocoa, Vero and Deerfield, but generally go to Vero/Deerfield if we are flying from Miami as use both as a stop over. Cocoa is lovely, perfect sand, never overly busy and a nice easy drive. We have been to Clearwater for the day, but didn't really enjoy it as the red tide was in and the water was very murky, plus it tipped down, so our views are a little biased. We have had the most amazing sunsets and sunrises at Deerfield! A friend visited Treasure Island when we were out there last October and said it was beautiful. We're looking at Anna Maria Island on our next trip, for a few days, so will be sunset hunting too!

Deerfield Beach from our hotel room!

toots82 12 Sep 20 12:28 PM

What a stunning picture! I'm nervous about going somewhere too busy but also we need to be able to occupy the kids. I'm looking at Madeira beach just now.

cornishfrogboy 12 Sep 20 12:34 PM

I would look at Anna Maria Island.

If you want to travel, then Naples.

Personally, Naples as I loved Delnor Wiggins State Park.

toots82 12 Sep 20 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy (Post 14643810)
I would look at Anna Maria Island.

If you want to travel, then Naples.

Personally, Naples as I loved Delnor Wiggins State Park.

Thank you, its most definitely on the list I just didn't know if they have the likes of dolphin tours, watersports etc there.

400ixl 12 Sep 20 01:32 PM

Treasure Island area in St Petersburg Tampa. Great beaches, shopping and restaurants like Bubba Gimp on the waterfront.

Will suit all ages.

toots82 12 Sep 20 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 400ixl (Post 14643902)
Treasure Island area in St Petersburg Tampa. Great beaches, shopping and restaurants like Bubba Gimp on the waterfront.

Will suit all ages.

thank you, I'll have a wee look

mrs rcch 12 Sep 20 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 400ixl (Post 14643902)

Will suit all ages.

Hope you aren’t taking children to Bubba Gimps 😳

400ixl 12 Sep 20 08:26 PM

Ooops lol

Not sure that is the type of mask they should be wearing 😜

sophiepop 12 Sep 20 11:08 PM

Howdy! We always do Clearwater for a couple of nights. I'll give you a ring and tell you what we do etc :wave: