theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Bargain Oct19 half term flights Finnair codeshare with AA (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1109711)

Babiesmummy 17 Dec 18 10:41 PM

Bargain Oct19 half term flights Finnair codeshare with AA

So been checking flights religiously from Man - Mco 16/10/19 - 02/11/19 & had a google alert come through for flights on a Finnair codeshare with AA via Philadelphia. 2ad 2teens £1002 incl tax, no luggage or seats included but at that fare I had to book it:spin: even after adding luggage its well within budget:cool2:

Ciano 17 Dec 18 11:05 PM

Amazing!

Mexy02 17 Dec 18 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babiesmummy (Post 13608459)
So been checking flights religiously from Man - Mco 16/10/19 - 02/11/19 & had a google alert come through for flights on a Finnair codeshare with AA via Philadelphia. 2ad 2teens £1002 incl tax, no luggage or seats included but at that fare I had to book it:spin: even after adding luggage its well within budget:cool2:

Thank you so much for posting this . Do you know what the luggage charges are ? The price I’m getting for our dates is £892 . I’ve never done it this way before so it’s all a bit new and a bit daunting . Is the connection Time enough in Philadelphia ? It’s less than 2hrs :wave:

Guest 17 Dec 18 11:25 PM

We are doing the AA to Philadelphia connection in October too. Ours was booked via BA though. Fingers crossed we have enough time for immigration, 2h15m. We paid £1050 for 2 adults and one child including the flight down from Inverness with luggage.

Babiesmummy 17 Dec 18 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mexy02 (Post 13608499)
Thank you so much for posting this . Do you know what the luggage charges are ? The price I’m getting for our dates is £892 . I’ve never done it this way before so it’s all a bit new and a bit daunting . Is the connection Time enough in Philadelphia ? It’s less than 2hrs :wave:

It looks like its £45 each bag each way, but because its a codeshare it wont allow me to add baggage or seats onto the reservation. I will give AA a call when i get a chance. My connection is 2hrs 10mins, which should be fine. As its booked on a through ticket it is the airlines responsibilty to get you to your destination, worst case senario is that you are put on the next available flight

Mexy02 17 Dec 18 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babiesmummy (Post 13608511)
It looks like its £45 each bag each way, but because its a codeshare it wont allow me to add baggage or seats onto the reservation. I will give AA a call when i get a chance. My connection is 2hrs 10mins, which should be fine. As its booked on a through ticket it is the airlines responsibilty to get you to your destination, worst case senario is that you are put on the next available flight

Thank you , so through a codeshare is your reservation held through AA so you would get another booking ref from them . Sorry for the questions but as it’s non refundable I’m wary .finnair don’t get great reviews for customer service .
Beyond tempted at the price but don’t want to muck it all up:wave:

Bazinga 39 17 Dec 18 11:51 PM

I am also looking at these flights can I ask who you have booked with?

Babiesmummy 17 Dec 18 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mexy02 (Post 13608520)
Thank you , so through a codeshare is your reservation held through AA so you would get another booking ref from them . Sorry for the questions but as it’s non refundable I’m wary .finnair don’t get great reviews for customer service .
Beyond tempted at the price but don’t want to muck it all up:wave:

I have read that Finnair can no longer give an AA locator, something to do with the reservation system. They are all part of the Oneworld alliance incl BA/AA/EI etc, so financially they are ok. Personally I am fine if there customer service isnt the best, as its non changeable / refundable anyway, I dont intend to contact them ;)

Mexy02 17 Dec 18 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bazinga 39 (Post 13608528)

I’m looking at finnair website . Sooo tempted buta newbie at this . Dh is egging me to book it but it’s a massive thing after you’ve only done packages before

Babiesmummy 17 Dec 18 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bazinga 39 (Post 13608528)

I booked direct with Finnair. com
It came up on Expedia first, about £100 more expensive so checked directly with Finnair