theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Virgin cancellation update (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1183977)

Peewee 23 Nov 20 11:01 AM

Virgin cancellation update

Hi

Just some info if some find it useful

We had booked flights with vrigin Man to MCO 13th December

I had then booked the hotel with virgin holidays separately.

I was worried if our flight got cancelled I might struggle getting the refund for the hotel, as technically it was separate . Both bookings paid in full.

I got an email cancelling the flight on Thursday , but nothing about the hotel.

I called Virgin Atlantic yesterday morning , after being on hold for 50 mins - the refund was processed no problem.

I then called irgin holidays this morning about the hotel.. with a feeling of dread!

I was on hold 5 mins, explained the situation.. she checked her end and said yes.. we are cancelling all up to 14th at the moment anyway... refund processed told 2 weeks max.

have to say I am very pleased!

on top of this, we had bought and paid for Disney tickets, we got an email from them saying as water parks closed we could get a refund.. email sent, 24 hours later money refunded and back in bank.

very happy ! and hope the above info might be useful to some

I have found calling these people is best done first thing in a morning :)

letty 23 Nov 20 12:05 PM

I paid my virgin hotel in full separate from my flights , they said I would have my refund in 30 days( That was 9th October)
I’m still waiting , chased them up on fri 13th November , they said 7 working days, they have til Wednesday to refund me.

I may have to go down the route of claiming on my clarity card.

BA flight deposit was refunded within days!

Nostradamus 26 Nov 20 08:14 AM

My Orlando holiday for December 19th is officially cancelled on my VH account now.
Next task, get refund.

lbzbean 26 Nov 20 09:50 AM

Mine for the 19th also.

Ultraviolet 26 Nov 20 06:07 PM

Thats useful to know - my 19th December flight MAN-MCO is still showing as scheduled. We've booked with VA rather than VH as it's reward seats.

Nostradamus 26 Nov 20 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Violet's Mum (Post 14732956)
Thats useful to know - my 19th December flight MAN-MCO is still showing as scheduled. We've booked with VA rather than VH as it's reward seats.

Just clicked on the full refund button on Virgin Holidays
I need to contact Virgin Atlantic for seat upgrade refunds.

YorkshireT 26 Nov 20 08:30 PM

Thanks Nostradamus.

On the phone app mine (17 Dec) was still showing as on.

It wasn’t until I went on the website I saw it was cancelled.

You have to scroll down to see the refund button which I’ve duly pressed.

Great shame but there we go.

Also cancelled my suite booking at Dolphin which I’d booked when cancelling my Boardwalk DVC stay so I could bank my points.

Let’s now see how quickly Virgin refund.

Taffy1959 26 Nov 20 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peewee (Post 14728967)
Hi

Just some info if some find it useful

We had booked flights with vrigin Man to MCO 13th December

I had then booked the hotel with virgin holidays separately.

I was worried if our flight got cancelled I might struggle getting the refund for the hotel, as technically it was separate . Both bookings paid in full.

I got an email cancelling the flight on Thursday , but nothing about the hotel.

I called Virgin Atlantic yesterday morning , after being on hold for 50 mins - the refund was processed no problem.

I then called irgin holidays this morning about the hotel.. with a feeling of dread!

I was on hold 5 mins, explained the situation.. she checked her end and said yes.. we are cancelling all up to 14th at the moment anyway... refund processed told 2 weeks max.

have to say I am very pleased!

on top of this, we had bought and paid for Disney tickets, we got an email from them saying as water parks closed we could get a refund.. email sent, 24 hours later money refunded and back in bank.

very happy ! and hope the above info might be useful to some

I have found calling these people is best done first thing in a morning :)

We also had an email from Disney offering a refund on our tickets.
I sent an email last Friday and money was in my account on Monday

Nostradamus 26 Nov 20 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorkshireT (Post 14733120)
Thanks Nostradamus.

On the phone app mine (17 Dec) was still showing as on.

It wasn’t until I went on the website I saw it was cancelled.

You have to scroll down to see the refund button which I’ve duly pressed.

Great shame but there we go.

Also cancelled my suite booking at Dolphin which I’d booked when cancelling my Boardwalk DVC stay so I could bank my points.

Let’s now see how quickly Virgin refund.

You are welcome YorkshireT. It is a great shame that we cannot go but the magic just wasn't going to happen this year.
I just hope everything calms down in 2021 for everyone and the magic returns.

letty 27 Nov 20 11:07 AM

I’m still awaiting my refund despite promises from virgin.( they’ve had the money since august)
I have now claimed thru my credit card