theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Dining plan (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1129295)

Carton 19 May 19 08:39 AM

Dining plan

Hi. I’m sure these questions have all been asked a million times before but bear with me.

We are visiting DLP in December for the first time with our 3 year old. Staying at Cheyenne and got standard plan included.

1) How far in advance do I need to book restaurants and how do I do it?

2) Can breakfast only be in our own hotel and do I need to book this?

3) Planning to pay an upgrade to go to Bistro Remy as son currently loves Ratatouille. Any idea how much this will cost?

4) Any must do restaurants? My son loves his food but isn’t so bothered about characters.

Think that’s it for now!

TIA!

DiszeeBelle 19 May 19 03:32 PM

Booking restaurant is 60 days for ever day you are there. Usually by phone.
Breakfast is back in your own hotel and you just get rough times when you check in.

Sarryb 19 May 19 04:03 PM

If you book online (through the Dutch site, and someone on Twitter said the German site, too) you can book way more in advance now. I booked my restaurants for August in February. The confirmation e-mails are in the language of the site you use, but that's no issue at all.

I never had to give/choose a time for breakfast in October at Santa Fe, or previously at Sequoia Lodge. I'm not sure if they'll change back to this with the free plans including hotel breakfast again now.

I think the standard plan face value is €29 & €17 so all you need to do is check out the menus online. The face value will be deducted from your bill. Drinks will have to be paid for in this instance too, you won't get a free one as you do using the plan in the specific restaurants for your level. They're happy to give you a jug of tap water for the table too, I find this handy as drinks are extortionate. So even if you decide to purchase one drink, you can get water also.

Standard restaurants I've used are Plaza Gardens: would recommend, La Cantina: would recommend, Cafe Agrabah: would only recommend if you haven't got fussy eaters. Personally I didn't enjoy it, but the theme is brilliant! Xx

Gill H 21 May 19 05:56 AM

La Grange at Billy Bob’s in the Village is also on the standard plan. Excellent buffet, probably the best standard level buffet.

Belle1989 22 May 19 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gill H (Post 13856907)
La Grange at Billy Bob’s in the Village is also on the standard plan. Excellent buffet, probably the best standard level buffet.

Agreed! We were really impressed with the food here.

Elodie 22 May 19 08:33 PM

All the standard buffets are great for children who like their food! The theming isn’t great in Restaurant des Stars, but my two LOVE the desserts there (as do I!) They really enjoyed the buffet at La Cantina in Santa Fe (only 5 mins walk across the bridge from Cheyenne) - all the make your own bits were fun for them (pasta, nachos, etc) and they loved the chocolate fountain with fruits and sweets.

Our favourite was probably Plaza Gardens though - lovely surroundings and lovely food.

MrsCupcake 22 May 19 09:48 PM

we loved the agrabah (aladdin) themed buffet and actually found it great for childre, lots of hummus and dips and flat breads, lots of kebab style meats etc. The puddings weren't great.

We found Plaza gardens the worst of the bunch, far too busy and very standard luke warm food.

the puddings at Des Stars were great! especially the top your own whippy ice cream for the kids. endless sweeties! lol

we haven't tried billy bobs but its on my wish for next time.

Gill H 22 May 19 11:26 PM

Did they not have the pancakes at Agrabah with that amazing chocolate sauce? So creamy.

JayTheDisneyDad 23 May 19 08:02 PM

If you and the kids like burgers i think the best on site are at Annette's Diner. And if you have a meal plan the set menu you order from is ridiculous amount of food.

I have to say i think Character dining is worth a look at upgrading. The experience is great and it's the most time effective way to meet the characters. I think the breakfast at Plaza Gardens in the park you can upgrade to instead of your hotel breakfast...it's probably the cheapest upgrade too.