theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Hotwire for hotels (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1129006)

florida addict 16 May 19 10:33 PM

Hotwire for hotels

Wondering if anyone has used Hotwire recently...looking at 2 nights in Miami Beach and could save over £100 so thinking of cancelling existing booking and booking through HW. Are the hotels really what they say ie 3 star or 4 star?

thanks

duchy 16 May 19 11:14 PM

Yes they are , I've used Hotwire in the U.K. And US . There are websites devoted to helping you predict which hotel you'll get www.betterbidding.com is one but there are others too.

Bozza 16 May 19 11:22 PM

Yep - used it many times, most recently to get a Hilton in San Francisco last year.

As above, better bidding can help you identify the specific hotel with a high degree of confidence, but you have to be prepared that it might not be a specific hotel that you want.

Because of this small risk, I always go for 4/5* as I'm unlikely to be disappointed with any hotel of that standard I get given.

sha9 22 May 19 01:35 PM

I was looking at Hotwire for a Universal hotel and I noticed it tells you it’ll be one of four hotels and gives you a picture of the actual room. With a bit of research you can tell which hotel it is. Unfortunately I haven’t found anything yet.

Softy 22 May 19 07:48 PM

It’s not normally too difficult to work them out. Narrow down the area and star rating and you should be able to match them up with their review, rating and was price. They’re normally the best options to check. Disney often drop their rooms on there and Priceline secret hotels for last minute bargains. AOA mermaid rooms are on Priceline for the beginning of June for $92 a night at the moment.

florida addict 22 May 19 07:58 PM

I'm looking for Miami for 23rd June wondering if anyone any tips on what's offered.

jlbf06 23 May 19 05:38 AM

Check out betterbidding for lists of previous hotels and a tool that helps predict the hotel. Also there is 10% off with GETAWAY10 until 24/5.

Burgmeister 23 May 19 08:48 AM

Just be aware that their headline prices don't include taxes. You need to click through to get the actual price you will pay

Tea 23 May 19 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Softy (Post 13860210)
It’s not normally too difficult to work them out. Narrow down the area and star rating and you should be able to match them up with their review, rating and was price. They’re normally the best options to check. Disney often drop their rooms on there and Priceline secret hotels for last minute bargains. AOA mermaid rooms are on Priceline for the beginning of June for $92 a night at the moment.

I just want to publicly thank Softy. My upcoming trip's budget has been curtailed and I just used this tip to be able to book AoA as a treat for my daughter. Thank you so much Softy, I am absolutely thrilled. :thumbs-up

stevo25 23 May 19 03:22 PM

I ran it through a VPN (USA) and paid dollar prices on my Revolut for the same as pound prices found elsewhere