theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Early morning magic Kingdom Ticket event ... (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1129726)

top4 21 May 19 10:03 PM

Early morning magic Kingdom Ticket event ...

So i booked BOG for a sunday morning the end of July to hopefully get a quiet park ,only now ive found out Magic kingdom has a ticketed event now ! so just wondering how busy do these events get ?..thanks in advance .

Carl05 22 May 19 12:32 AM

We did exactly the same for this morning, crowds still minimal, we got lots of photos with a near empty Main Street/Castle forecourt! Was tempted by the ticketed event, but pleased I didn’t as 7DMT was down for the whole of it.

kingphil 22 May 19 07:57 AM

Did Early Morning Magic last month and honestly there wasn't many people on the event.

It's difficult to get a number, as everyone moves onto Main Street and then filters into different areas for any ADR's, EMM or those that just want to be at the front for the official rope drop.

As most of the people on EMM head to SDMT first, we stopped for a few photo's and then went on Small Wolrd, Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh without seeing anyone else. The only small crowd we saw during this event was when we decided to ride SDMT about 8.30am.

As 9am approached, we moved to the other part of Fantasyland that isn't included in the EMM (Dumbo, Barnstormer etc) and most of the area was pretty empty - apart from the oncoming crowd from the hub.

I didn't notice any lines being formed from guests dining at BOG - so unsure where you are held until this event finishes.

To put your mind at ease, the Early Morning Magic event would have very little impact, as most people would move away from the area approaching 9am for other area's of the park or for breakfast.

The only downside would perhaps be that the BOG diners are held by the restaurant until 9am rather than perhaps being allowed into Fantasyland prior to 9am and therefore being there before the rest of the crowd

disneypars 22 May 19 08:23 AM

After dining at BOG for breakfast you are normally held at the left hand side of the entrance to SDMT.

Tinkerbell 22 May 19 08:30 AM

We just did BOB walked straight onto SDMT and PP. Ride was opened approximately 10 minutes before official opening. Within 45 minutes it was at 60 minute wait

kingphil 22 May 19 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disneypars (Post 13858969)
After dining at BOG for breakfast you are normally held at the left hand side of the entrance to SDMT.

Well during our Early Morning Magic we didn't see any queue's around 8.55am, so would guess on these ticketed event days you are held at the restaurant

Nimbus 22 May 19 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by top4 (Post 13858591)
So i booked BOG for a sunday morning the end of July to hopefully get a quiet park ,only now ive found out Magic kingdom has a ticketed event now ! so just wondering how busy do these events get ?..thanks in advance .

There will be potentially more people in MK getting an early breakfast like yourself than at the Early Morning Magic event. This event does not get that busy. Although it sounds a lot, there will only be a couple of thousand people at the EMM event. The park will still seem quiet prior to the official opening time.

neatfrk 22 May 19 12:44 PM

Quote:

Was tempted by the ticketed event, but pleased I didn’t as 7DMT was down for the whole of it.
I've done EMM twice and one time this happened to us. It actually worked out very well as they allowed us to use our EMM bracelets as SDMT FPs until noon that day. So we were freed up to hit the other rides, breakfast and really take our time slowing down...then circle back to SDMT as many times as we wanted with essentially unlimited FPs before noon.

merkat 22 May 19 04:10 PM

This has happened to me also for our first morning i booked BOG for 8:20 in hope we could get out just before 9am and beat the crowds to SDMT.

With this now being an EMM will we have any benefit at all over the normal park opening guests of 9am do you think or not?

If anyone has done this can run me through the process that would be great.

Thanks

Happybunnies 22 Jul 19 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merkat (Post 13859758)
This has happened to me also for our first morning i booked BOG for 8:20 in hope we could get out just before 9am and beat the crowds to SDMT.

With this now being an EMM will we have any benefit at all over the normal park opening guests of 9am do you think or not?

If anyone has done this can run me through the process that would be great.

Thanks

I'm wondering this, so just bumping in the hope that someone knows the answer... we have an 8am at BOG which is now a EMM day.