theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   TV and Film (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Military Wives - film (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1160964)

orlandoN21 12 Feb 20 08:35 AM

Military Wives - film

Had the opportunity of seeing this film last night as a CineWorld Unlimited screening. It was very good and all members of the cast were outstanding.

A film well worth seeing when it comes out on general release.

Beth_Disney 12 Feb 20 08:54 AM

We saw it on Monday at a Sky VIP screening. It's not the type of film that I'd normally see at the cinema but I really enjoyed it. I cried multiple times and it really made me think about what army families go through.

mickeyspal 12 Feb 20 09:38 AM

Being ex army and an ex army wife ,with lots of military personnel in our family ,I'm looking forward to seeing this

Orlandobelle 12 Feb 20 10:29 AM

We (Cardiff Military Wives Choir) sang at the cineworld unlimited screening last night 😊

Beth_Disney 12 Feb 20 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orlandobelle (Post 14284588)
We (Cardiff Military Wives Choir) sang at the cineworld unlimited screening last night 😊

Did you see the film Orlandobelle? What did you think?

Were you in the choir montage at the end?

Orlandobelle 12 Feb 20 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney (Post 14285341)
Did you see the film Orlandobelle? What did you think?

Were you in the choir montage at the end?

Yes we were invited to stay and watch. The film was OK. Gentle, enjoyable fun that won't damage the brain cells . Had a few chuckles some with me bawled their eyes out.
I had to go straight from work and remembered everything except my shoes - so I was there in evening gown and clumpy boots just s happened in the film 😂
Could relate to a lot of it being both veteran and military wife.

Not allowed to talk about the montage until the film is officially released 🤫 (but yes 😉 )

novocastrian 10 Mar 20 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orlandobelle (Post 14285362)
Yes we were invited to stay and watch. The film was OK. Gentle, enjoyable fun that won't damage the brain cells . Had a few chuckles some with me bawled their eyes out.
I had to go straight from work and remembered everything except my shoes - so I was there in evening gown and clumpy boots just s happened in the film 😂
Could relate to a lot of it being both veteran and military wife.

Not allowed to talk about the montage until the film is officially released 🤫 (but yes 😉 )

:grin:

went at the weekend as had a few hours to kill with the mrs

enjoyable enough in a sunday night tv sort of way

parkgirl 15 Mar 20 11:08 PM

I was crying through out! I really enjoyed it.

mickeyspal 16 Mar 20 12:03 AM

Even more poignant since a British soldier was killed last week ,although it's almost gone unnoticed because of the virus

parkgirl 16 Mar 20 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickeyspal (Post 14340461)
Even more poignant since a British soldier was killed last week ,although it's almost gone unnoticed because of the virus

Yes indeed, not heard about him/her at all.