theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Car Hire & Transportation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Mustang convertible or similar - would u recommend (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1056241)

Guest 23 Nov 17 07:35 PM

Mustang convertible or similar - would u recommend

Thinking of renting a convertible for my next trip. There are only 2 of us. What’s your experiences. Is there plenty room for 2 large suitcases

Mary A 23 Nov 17 08:02 PM

Probably only get 1 large suitcase in boot, other would need to go on back seat. We get 1 large and 1 medium cases in boot when we hire a mustang

prugone 23 Nov 17 08:04 PM

If you're going in the summer months be prepared to be 'cooked'!

Mr Tom Morrow 23 Nov 17 08:06 PM

Let me think about this for 2 minutes.
Burnt head
Hot as hell
Uncomfortable ride
Small boot
Case on the back seat
Soaked if it rains
Vulnerable to a theft when parked up

Mmm. No:pgig::pgig::pgig:

However if its what you want go for it.:)

Stitch & Smudge 23 Nov 17 08:27 PM

Hired one for a week in the summer, the kids loved it. As Mr Morrow says, it’s hot (or windy unless you keep the roof up) Go for it, you only live once.

Guest 23 Nov 17 08:33 PM

Thanks all. Love Mr Morrows take on this and hadn’t thought of the negatives. :D

colin39 23 Nov 17 08:36 PM

Something with a hard top, white to reflect the heat, and good aircon.

duncanb 23 Nov 17 11:01 PM

Well the Camero or bumblebees is far and away the best drive the Mustang however is far the easier to live with but a tad boring.
If you can smooth talk for a tin top they are both better than a rag top.
The boring oldies here will say no but for a bit of fun both choices will bring a smile to face rather than a boring SUV just because loud pedal works.
After all costs virtually same as an old man's car.
NB I am old but I love a bit of fun when I'm on hols I can be boring for rest of my life.
Book one and enjoy.

spb_IRL 23 Nov 17 11:07 PM

It's fun, but be wary of the boot size, 2 big cases not in a Mustang but maybe a seabring(is that the right name!?!) . Myself and the hubs spent the week before picking up a convertible looking at them and thinking uh oh, no chance. We had booked a Mustang but luckily got a Seabring which has a larger boot!

IndianaMac 24 Nov 17 09:43 AM

For two of you, Camaro or Mustang is perfectly fine - do it and enjoy!

We rented August '16, me, missus, and 9y/o, but didn't need it for the airport runs - wouldn't have been able to get our cases in, but for two of you? No problems.

Top down for early morning and late afternoon evening runs, or short (less than 15min) runs during the hotter parts.

Otherwise, top up, air-con on. Trip to Busch Gardens was top up, obviously.

I've always been a Pony-car fan, so admittedly I'm a tad biased; our Camaro V6 rental turned into a test drive for a V8 I bought earlier this year... not regretted it yet (and still gets use as a "weekend away" car where we're packing relatively light).