theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   At Heathrow forgotten inhaler (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1149176)

christybell 12 Oct 19 06:53 AM

At Heathrow forgotten inhaler

Just woke up at Premier Inn and realised DH inhaler is on the windowsill at home...

Anywhere here or in Miami we can pick up an inhaler.?

Many thanks in advance

megaflyer 12 Oct 19 07:14 AM

Boots the chemist may help ? If your surgery is open today then they can send over electronic script (I guess you can do that in the USA too but will probably cost more than £9)

fizzypop 12 Oct 19 07:22 AM

Not sure what time you need to be at the airport but Asda used to sell them over the counter. Not sure if they still do but might be worth finding a local one and phoning to ask if you have enough time.

christybell 12 Oct 19 07:46 AM

Thank you...no time for Asda, I'll try boots although surgery definitely not open and we are registered in Scotland..don't know if that makes any difference

megaflyer 12 Oct 19 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christybell (Post 14122064)
Thank you...no time for Asda, I'll try boots although surgery definitely not open and we are registered in Scotland..don't know if that makes any difference

Your surgery may have an emergency number if Boots can’t helps ? But I always cash in my prescriptions at Boots as I know they can access my info anywhere and I have had emergency stuff for then before

Good luck and have a great flight

Orlando 2004 12 Oct 19 07:57 AM

111 may he able to send a prescription through to boots but may depend if there is time?

lemon-squeeze 12 Oct 19 08:32 AM

I've asked for an emergency inhaler at the chemist before when out and forgotten mine no prescription needed, was struggling with breathing at the time. They just asked a few questions and then gave it to me.

WhereIBelong 12 Oct 19 08:42 AM

Do the Boots at the airport provide a dispensing service?

If there is a pharmacist on duty you can check if they provide the urgent repeat medication service (URMS) - there is just a quick form to fill out. Or you can ring 111 and ask them to do an electronic prescription to that particular Boots. Or you can speak to your doctor's out of hours service (sometimes just 111 anyhow) and ask them to do the electronic transfer.
There are options.

You will have to pay (£9) if you normally do, or if you have no proof of exemption.

You would also need to remember to ask your normal pharmacist to make sure that you are still set up to them when you get home. (many times people have had prescriptions filled electronically on holiday and a couple of months down the line find their prescriptions are available in Bognor etc...)

megaflyer 12 Oct 19 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong (Post 14122138)
Do the Boots at the airport provide a dispensing service?

)

They certainly have a pharmacy and pharmacist