theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   discarded toothpicks-gross (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1149224)

taffs travels 12 Oct 19 02:55 PM

discarded toothpicks-gross

We have just go back and I could't believe the amount of discarded tooth picks, the ones with a plastic handle and floss across them. They were everywhere, on the Disney buses, in the bus stops, outside Longhorn and Cracker barrel, we even saw one in the sand in Typoon Lagoon... what is wrong with people? - just had to vent as it really got to us.:mad:

Sandra & co 12 Oct 19 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taffs travels (Post 14122645)
We have just go back and I could't believe the amount of discarded tooth picks, the ones with a plastic handle and floss across them. They were everywhere, on the Disney buses, in the bus stops, outside Longhorn and Cracker barrel, we even saw one in the sand in Typoon Lagoon... what is wrong with people? - just had to vent as it really got to us.:mad:

That's disgusting, what's wrong with people! 🤢

theCMG 12 Oct 19 03:45 PM

Yeah disgusting and I bet some of them end up being swallowed by birds etc. too

Mr Tom Morrow 12 Oct 19 04:06 PM

Good heavens. I use these Plackers as I struggle with just floss. It wouldn't cross my mind to put them anywhere other than the bin. Weird people about.

mental4ever 12 Oct 19 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow (Post 14122737)
Good heavens. I use these Plackers as I struggle with just floss. It wouldn't cross my mid to put them anywhere other than the bin. Weird people about.

I agree. It’s as though some people think it’s not their responsibility to help keep our environment clean & tidy. ‘Somebody else will sort it out’. :mad::mad::mad:

Pumpkin Pie 12 Oct 19 04:15 PM

That’s disgusting.

Good news here in Scotland though (and to be rolled out next year in the rest of the UK) is that the sale and manufacture of plastic stemmed cotton buds is now banned. They were being flushed down the toilets and ending up in the sea.

zokaluse 20 Oct 19 09:03 PM

I use the humble company interdentals & I’d never leave them anywhere other than my recycling bin, I take a small toiletries bag in my handbag as I have to brush my teeth after every meal so everything goes back in there then the bin once home!

Universal VR 20 Oct 19 09:30 PM

I’m always really surprised and a little confused by posts like this (not a criticism by the way). We got back three weeks ago and never saw anything like this and we went to several of the places mentioned. So, either they were there and we didn’t notice them or it’s just started happening. It can’t all be one person so why have loads of people suddenly started leaving their toothpicks everywhere? It’s bizarre!

Scotty 20 Oct 19 10:01 PM

I saw a couple on a pavement in Leeds yesterday. Why would you?

YorkshireT 20 Oct 19 11:06 PM

That’s bad.

As a side issue if you do use these and want the best type, try Doctors Brush picks off Amazon, they are really good. But please, throw them in the bin.