theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Hagrid to have virtual queue (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1132115)

Griff_389 8 Jun 19 11:49 AM

Hagrid to have virtual queue

I haven’t seen this discussed anywhere yet, so thought I’d post a link to the info

https://timtracker.com/virtual-queue...ike-adventure/

It all sounds great, but what if you don’t want to use the app?
I’m also assuming you can take your phone on the ride with you, if you need to present either your ticket or the barcode in the app.

It can also mean having to schedule where you’re going to be, much like Disney. I’m assuming you get a slot like an hour or something so you don’t need to be right near to it when your times due.
I guess anything that reduces wait time will be a bonus.

lizzie145 8 Jun 19 12:45 PM

There are lockers for large bags but no metal detectors so small bags can be taken on.

There are a couple of rides that use virtual line but I'm not sure how it works exactly but you can only do it in the park via the app but there may also be a booth by the entrance.

Think it works like a fast pass

jane2211 8 Jun 19 02:27 PM

Thanks for sharing x

RobandLynsey 8 Jun 19 02:27 PM

For the virtual queue I assume it will be like Jimmy Fallon where there are kiosks if you don't want to use the app.

As for phones, on their twitter announcement someone asked about cameras etc. Essentially they are encouraging as few loose items as possible by using lockers. I assume similar to Gringotts.

ShamuLvr 8 Jun 19 04:23 PM

Thought it was for opening day only as per the Universal press release? Or did I read it wrong?

SophieLou 8 Jun 19 05:58 PM

Thanks for posting, we really want to catch this ride so been looking out for info on it!

RobandLynsey 8 Jun 19 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShamuLvr (Post 13891483)
Thought it was for opening day only as per the Universal press release? Or did I read it wrong?

This is from the official blog and virtual queues start the day after opening day:

"Virtual Line: Beginning June 14, there may be times when our team members ask you to join the Virtual Line on The Official Universal Orlando Resort App to experience Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure. This will allow you to enjoy other attractions in the park until it’s your time to join the queue. Here’s how it works:

Step 1: Prior to your arrival, download The Official Universal Orlando Resort App

Step 2: Once you’re in Islands of Adventure, open the app and tap the icon for Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure. From there, select how many people are in your party, and then select a return time to join the queue. Please note that you have to be in the park in order to secure a return time.

Step 3: Enjoy the other amazing experiences across Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios until your return time arrives.

Step 4: Upon your return time, head to the designated attraction entrance, where you will wait for your ride. The remainder of your wait time will be posted at the entrance when you arrive. All you have to do is scan your Virtual Line pass on your mobile device, and then you’re ready to join the queue."

Griff_389 8 Jun 19 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShamuLvr (Post 13891483)

It just mentions “They also announced that starting June 14th the ride will operate with the use of a virtual queue.“

Suggests to me that it’s going forward, not just opening day.

ShamuLvr 8 Jun 19 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff_389 (Post 13891775)
It just mentions “They also announced that starting June 14th the ride will operate with the use of a virtual queue.“

Oops, got it wrong! That's what you get when you speed read something 😁😁

lizzie145 8 Jun 19 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff_389 (Post 13891775)

Opening day is 13th so it is from the second day