theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Disneyland Paris Shares (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=850365)

tinker82 15 Jan 15 04:31 AM

Disneyland Paris Shares
 
Hi can anyone give me an idiots guide to what's happening with the Disneyland Paris shares please?!
From what I understand existing shareholders will be able to buy 9 shares per existing 1 share at 1.25 each?
I currently hold 23 shares as I needed 20 to join the shareholders club approx 4 years ago but am no longer a member as it was changed to 100 shares minimum & to me it wasn't worth buying the extra.
What I'd like to know is how will I purchase the additional shares & if I do buy extra will I be able to join the shareholders club again or are they changing the criteria?
Thanks in advance for any help, I've tried reading through all the documents but it's quite confusing!

A&S&O 15 Jan 15 07:49 AM

I think - Existing Shareholders will be entitled to buy 9 shares at 1 euro each for every share they hold. They then have the option to sell their shares for 1.25 Euros to counteract the devaluing of their existing shares.

I'd like to know how the mechanics of buying the shares will work, particularly for those of us who have their shares held in a shareholder account.

These shares will be available from 19th January 2015

kempydee 15 Jan 15 11:41 AM

I don't understand it either!
The shares have shot up at the mo. They've been hovering around 2.80/3.00 and I've been unsure as to whether to buy any. But they are 3.31 today. Which is the highest they've been for a while.
They was a long thread on here after the the financial bail out - the shares nose dived after that.
I've emailed them 3 times asking if the shareholders membership is going to stay the same but never had a reply.

A&S&O 15 Jan 15 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kempydee (Post 10304209)
I've emailed them 3 times asking if the shareholders membership is going to stay the same but never had a reply.

They've said that the current requirement of holding 100 shares will remain for current members, but they will review the holding level for new members.

I read somewhere (don't know if it was official) that they may consider different levels of membership / rewards.

Share price was about 4 before the refinancing was announced, then dropped to around 3.

Gill H 15 Jan 15 12:29 PM

We bought our 20 at about 8 Euros a few years ago, so will never get that back!

Hanging on to them for now. Don't want to give up our lovely benefts!

Jen78 15 Jan 15 01:08 PM

How do we find out about this?
I have 20 shares, but haven't recieved any info about this extra shares thing

LufcDeb 15 Jan 15 01:54 PM

I have 100 shares, 25 I bought in 2012 then the other 75 recently to renew my membership. I've not received an email with any info yet :confused2

I'm going again in March, so hope I can still use Salon Mickey etc

LufcDeb 15 Jan 15 02:06 PM

Just read this on Twitter:


Martin Walker @keiko315
Jan 13
If you retain 100 shares, you will remain a member of the Shareholders Club.
It's grandfathered in
-Tom Wolber
#DLPAGM

tinker82 15 Jan 15 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen78 (Post 10304381)
How do we find out about this?
I have 20 shares, but haven't recieved any info about this extra shares thing

I receive e-mails from the shareholders club but the info is also available on the shareholders website:-

http://timon.disneylandparis.com/corporate/en/

Noodle500 17 Jan 15 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinker82 (Post 10303949)
Hi can anyone give me an idiots guide to what's happening with the Disneyland Paris shares please?!
From what I understand existing shareholders will be able to buy 9 shares per existing 1 share at 1.25 each?
I currently hold 23 shares as I needed 20 to join the shareholders club approx 4 years ago but am no longer a member as it was changed to 100 shares minimum & to me it wasn't worth buying the extra.
What I'd like to know is how will I purchase the additional shares & if I do buy extra will I be able to join the shareholders club again or are they changing the criteria?
Thanks in advance for any help, I've tried reading through all the documents but it's quite confusing!

Me too please, not fussed about shareholders club at no but don't want my 30 shares wasted. How will they contact us? Mine are held in Halifax shareholders account ..


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.