theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Beyond the Parks (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Best things to do in Orlando other than the parks? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1167773)

love2plan 13 Apr 20 11:25 AM

Best things to do in Orlando other than the parks?

Morning everyone!
Trying to get some inspiration for our next WDW trip and wondered what your favourite things to do outside of the parks are?
We went in 2015 and did a manatee dive and it was amazing! Thanks!

mick 13 Apr 20 11:42 AM

Apart from MVMCP in 2014 we haven't been to a park since 2010 but we still visit regularly to explore the other 65,700 square miles that Florida offers.

Here's some things we do.

Bok Tower, scenic lake ride at Winter Park, scenic canal ride at Mount Dora, Harry Leu gardens, a mooch round Celebration.

A bit further afield Anna Maria Island about 2 hours away for a day trip and even St Augustine just on the limit of a day trip,

Mick

greekgranny 13 Apr 20 11:56 AM

Have a trawl through the Beyond the Park threads, I have found loads of ideas.

mick 13 Apr 20 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greekgranny (Post 14395564)
Have a trawl through the Beyond the Park threads, I have found loads of ideas.

GG

From reading a few of your other sundry posts you do seem to see a lot more of those 65,700 square miles than we do :grin:

Mick

greekgranny 13 Apr 20 12:05 PM

Maybe but i'm not sure if they are of general interest to other people though?

mick 13 Apr 20 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greekgranny (Post 14395593)
Maybe but i'm not sure if they are of general interest to other people though?

Next Tuesday would have been our 13th visit to the villa which we love.

Sunbathing, reading, swimming, soaking in the spa is what it's all about for us. :grin:

We've stayed at quite a few coast resorts but usually as a destination to stay a while and only AMI as a day trip.

Mick

cornishfrogboy 13 Apr 20 12:16 PM

Rainbow River at Dunellon.. you will see plenty of it in the trip report contained in my signature.
Lazy H Ranch , Kissimmee.. likewise in the trip report.
Fort De Soto
Kermit Weekes fantasy of flight.
Valiant Air Command Museum.
Shark tooth hunting at Casperson Beach.

Sandra & co 13 Apr 20 12:24 PM

We love the coast of Florida, In the past been to Clearwater, Daytona, Cocoa (my aunt lives there), Anna Maria Island, stayed in Bradenton. Seista key, Longboat key, Holmes beach. Stayed in Cape Coral and went to sanibel isalnd, Naples, Fort Meyers. My highlights were lunch at The Sandbar on Anna Maria island and watching the sunset and a boat trip seeing dolphins close up on a boat trip from Cape Coral. :spin:

Simon & Suzann 14 Apr 20 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy (Post 14395614)
Rainbow River at Dunellon.. you will see plenty of it in the trip report contained in my signature.
Lazy H Ranch , Kissimmee.. likewise in the trip report.
Fort De Soto
Kermit Weekes fantasy of flight.
Valiant Air Command Museum.
Shark tooth hunting at Casperson Beach.

Can't believe I haven't seen your trip report before. Only glanced through it as afternoons this week but looks great what i've seen. The Hooters pics :d: :pgig:

Especially interested in Rainbow River as the last 3 years we have said we will go but still not done it :cry: We did do Weeki Wachee springs in kayaks 2 years ago and that was amazing esp when the Manatees were swimming along with us and under etc :thumbs-up

cornishfrogboy 14 Apr 20 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann (Post 14398389)
Can't believe I haven't seen your trip report before. Only glanced through it as afternoons this week but looks great what i've seen. The Hooters pics :d: :pgig:

Especially interested in Rainbow River as the last 3 years we have said we will go but still not done it :cry: We did do Weeki Wachee springs in kayaks 2 years ago and that was amazing esp when the Manatees were swimming along with us and under etc :thumbs-up

Rainbow River was an excellent, lazy fun family day out and a welcome break from the parks. We absolutely loved it.