theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Christmas (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   Christmas tree lights tha can leave on tree? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1185858)

Disney Nanny 29 Dec 20 10:45 AM

Christmas tree lights tha can leave on tree?

Hello all

I have googled and cannot find what I am looking for but probably I don't know how to ask it.

I HATE putting on and taking off the tree every year the strings of lights.

I want some lights that i can put on to each section of tree and then attach to the next section etc as in pre-lit trees have and just have to plug in.

Then I can leave them on when I pack the tree away too.

Anyone know of anything I can buy?

Thank you :)

Gryff 29 Dec 20 11:05 AM

Look at lights4fun they have connectable lights suitable for out and indoors

nothingless 29 Dec 20 11:13 AM

Or maybe get a tree with LED lights already built-in? Nothing to take off or put on ever! :)

Disney Nanny 29 Dec 20 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nothingless (Post 14769190)
Or maybe get a tree with LED lights already built-in? Nothing to take off or put on ever! :)

The massive tree I have is only 2 yrs old, I will never replace it as I brought it for environmental reasons, no trees chopped and no plastic brought year after year.
Biggest mistake was not the pre-lit though :(

Disney Nanny 29 Dec 20 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gryff (Post 14769175)

That was the word I was looking for CONNECTABLE haha it just wouldn't come to me, thank you :blush:

Orlando 2004 29 Dec 20 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gryff (Post 14769175)

We have lights from here in our garden and like Gryff says they are connectable. :)

Colette-S 29 Dec 20 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disney Nanny (Post 14769239)
The massive tree I have is only 2 yrs old, I will never replace it as I brought it for environmental reasons, no trees chopped and no plastic brought year after year.
Biggest mistake was not the pre-lit though :(

A lot of prelit effectively just have a decent set of lights secured well onto the tree as opposed to “built in”.
Not sure if it would work but you could buy tiny clips or use small cable ties or florists wire and secure the lights and branches well before taking it down. You would need to be careful when packing it away and storing it.
If you secured well I’d imagine they would hold and you would only need a few little adjustments

ziggyzag 29 Dec 20 01:54 PM

If you have room to store it up , you can always just wrap the tree in clingfilm to protect from dust

Gryff 29 Dec 20 06:40 PM

Aldi have add a long lights they are calling them 100 bulbs on a 3 meter cable that you can add to reduced from £19/99 to £12/99 on line might be what you are looking for