theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   What to do on last day? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1142997)

Watecc 25 Aug 19 04:55 PM

What to do on last day?

Anyone any suggestions of what to do on our last day. We dont fancy a park or water park!

TIA

Bolto6 25 Aug 19 05:02 PM

Back in the day before having a child, we used to mostly do Downtown Disney (now Disney Springs) check in and then catch an early movie and then just wander round the area (then we discovered Disney Quest and found that was a good time killer,) until it was time to go to the airport. The only other thing I might suggest is the miniature golf that is also included in the tickets (we’ve never done it, but it’s something different.)

I know you said no parks but, we have once had a full day at AK (we did only have a 2 day ticket on that trip,) we were on the late flight, checked in and went to AK for 10 ish and left at 5pm when the park used to close, to get our 8.40pm flight. Last year with a child in tow, we went to MK for 3 1/2 hours before going to catch our flight, no DS check in this time as we were with TC.

Tiggerbelle 25 Aug 19 05:04 PM

We are planning a non park first day at the moment and our current plan is to go to Disney sorings for breakfast, head by cab to Disney Warehouse and then walk to the supermarket for sweets and things for the kids to try and also take home, then over to Disney springs by cab for lunch. We are then heading back to our hotel AKL to do what we decide to do there and then head over to Wilderness lodge for bike rides, horse rides, kayaking - basically an activity that takes our fancy. Then we have and ADR for an early dinner at Storybook which can then heading back to our hotel, hitting the pool, campfire and movies under the stars

Andybear 25 Aug 19 05:24 PM

I'm staying at Beach Club and getting a 19.50 flight from MCO so am spending the day at Epcot. Have got a fast pass for Frozen Ever After at 1.40 so am having breakfast at the hotel, then spending a couple of hours wandering around, have a final ride on Spaceship Earth, then a QS lunch (Lotus Blossom Cafe in China) then Frozen Ever After. I'll then take a stroll from Norway back to Beach Club through the International Gateway, grab my bags from Bell Services and wait for the Tragical Express.

Shkyler 25 Aug 19 05:49 PM

We’re hoping to book a day room in a hotel and hang out by the pool or use the facilities think others have mentioned this before. And maybe shopping to squeeze the last bits in!

Billy Beatnik 25 Aug 19 06:00 PM

We usually do the bag drop at Disney Springs with Virgin around 8am, then head for breakfast at IHOP. I know you said you didn’t want to do a park, but we usually get our last fix at somewhere like Seaworld and take it easy by only doing the big rides if there’s no long queues. However, we go Orlando out of season, usually Oct/Nov so the parksntend to be fairly quiet. We prefer doing the parks as our hand luggage is in the car and there’s always loads of security keeping an eye on our car. Have fun whatever you choose.

Web Owls 25 Aug 19 06:07 PM

we went to celebration on our last day. Beautiful place to go walking round.

Lisbon 25 Aug 19 06:08 PM

We spend time by the pool, then normally go for a nice lunch about two
Rob

Jude17 25 Aug 19 09:04 PM

We have used Virgin Disney Springs check in to get rid of our luggage and then had brunch at DS and a last look around the shops.
On a previous holiday, we got rid of our luggage at DS and went to Mall at Millenia and ate a lovely meal at Cheesecake Factory.

FlorayG 25 Aug 19 09:20 PM

We always would get a boat on the EPCOT resorts lake and spend an hour getting in the way of the launches ( not deliberately but...) then have ice creams on the Boardwalk and spend our last cash on the sideshows