theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   The Land Sea and Wedding Trip Oct 2015 - Day 17 Nassau and spending time on the Dream (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=993988)

Lisa29 20 Nov 16 06:35 PM

The Land Sea and Wedding Trip Oct 2015 - Day 17 Nassau and spending time on the Dream

A disclaimer to start this day, it is another mammoth one so you will need to get comfortable first! ;) :blush:

The Land Sea and Wedding Trip Oct 2015 - Day 17, Nassau and spending time on the Disney Dream

The previous day is HERE.

Before I start this day, I have finally taken photos of the Navigator's so here is yesterday's

Tuesday 27th October 2015

I woke at about 7.40am today. We were all up, showered, dressed, etc. and sat on our balcony watching our arrival into the Bahamas

I also had a look through the Navigator for today, checking the times guide for the different things we were interested in doing

This all made us leave for breakfast quite late, about 8.35am, and we headed up to Cabanas.

We saw Dan and Dave first, then Ryan, Bethany and Piper a few minutes later. We sat at the same table as yesterday and had toast, Special K, sausage, bacon, corned beef hash and jungle juice. No photos, sorry, we really were rushing! :blush:

As soon as we had finished, we rushed down to deck 5 for Madison and Kaley's 9am appointments at Bibbbidi Bobbidi Boutique.

We think they were the first people in here, as it had only just opened after being added during the dry dock. It was beautiful in here and another example of how good Disney are when they get things right. :)

Sorry, massive photo overload coming up over the next couple of posts!

Madison's Fairy Godmother in Training was Anthea and Kaley's was Annie. They were both REALLY good, they were constantly chatting to the girls throughout the whole experience.

Continued in next post

Lisa29 20 Nov 16 06:54 PM

Continued from previous post

Having their hair done

I think that's enough hair photos (for now! ;))

Here are some photos of inside the BBB

Cinderella's wardrobe

Snow White's wardrobe

Sleeping Beauty's wardrobe

Minnie's wardrobe

Tiana's wardrobe

Belle and Jasmine shared a wardrobe

Anna and Elsa's wardrobes

Rapunzel's wardrobe

Tink, Merida, Ariel and A N other all had to share (anyone know whose dress this is?)

These could all be purchased, naturally, and they did all look lovely how they were set out.

A view from the opposite end

Those suitcases in the photo could be purchased too. They were really, really nice and I would have loved to have got them but I'm sure they were around $100 each

Continued in next post

Lisa29 20 Nov 16 06:56 PM

Back to the girls, and they were having the finishing touches/crowns added to their hair

Annie was struggling a bit to get Kaley's hair right so another Fairy Godmother in Training did her nails and make up, while Anthea got on with Madison's.

Having their nails painted

Next up was their make up

And then it was time for pixie dust

Continued in next post

Lisa29 20 Nov 16 07:00 PM

And then they were done and got to see themselves

This had been another incredible experience and was completely worth it again. We all had a great time and I really do love watching the girls have this done. They are so enthralled by the whole thing and it is lovely to see. They had the Crown package, which was $59.95 each, making the total $119.90. This was added to our Stateroom account and was paid off using our onboard credit. We tried to tip each of the Fairy Godmothers but they were not allowed to accept tips so we just thanked them and left. It was about 10am by now so we had been in there for an hour.

We went back to our stateroom to get our passports and took a few more photos from the verandah

Passports and room cards safely in hand, we made our way down to deck 1 to get off the ship. I think we had to show both our stateroom cards and passports, though I'm not entirely certain of this. We walked down the walkway and took more photos

Being this close to the ship, we were able to grasp just how large it actually is. It towered above us and looked so stunning and majestic and impressive. It really is such a beautiful ship and looked so much better than the others that were docked next to us.

While we were waiting for Mum, Dad, Dan and Dave, we took more photos

[APP]https://www.thedibb.co.uk/postImages/37943/b878b3053c3058.jpg[/APP

See, look how much better the navy and yellow make it look

More pictures of the girls

I think they were messing about quite a bit here, and were getting a bit lairy. We had been waiting ages for the others and gave up at 10.35am and started walking towards the Bahamas sign.

Continued in next post

Lisa29 20 Nov 16 07:03 PM

More pictures of the Dream

We then got a call on our wave phone from Dave, asking if Dan was with us. She wasn't but we then saw her and he said him and Mum and Dad were on their way down to us now so we waited. A few minutes later and they were here and we walked toward the Bahamas sign

(Well, most of us walked! :D)

Festival Place

Soon enough, we were at the Bahamas sign taking some photos

The back of the ship

The girls having a nice, cuddly photo (which they would now call a cuddle party :))

That was the extent of our stop in Nassau. :blush: My parents and Dan had visited Atlantis on their cruise in 2012 and were not at all impressed, and reading other trip reports, I had no desire to even get off the ship for photos, let alone venture into Nassau, so we got back on the ship now. Thinking about it, I'm sure we had to have our room cards as we were scanned/swiped off and then back on the ship.

We went back to our stateroom to lock our passports away and I am going to include these pictures here as they are the next ones I have so presume they were taken here

It was getting on for 11.30am and we had our tickets to see Anna and Elsa in Animators Palette so we went there.

We didn't have to wait too long before it was the girls turn to see them, and it was lovely getting photos of them together, rather than seeing each of them in turn

And two photos from the onboard photographer

Phil also took a few photos of some of the details in the restaurant

This had been a lot of fun and was great to do with hardly any wait. I would definitely recommend booking tickets for anyone going on a cruise and wanting to do this.

Continued in next post

Lisa29 20 Nov 16 07:06 PM

At this point, my Dad and Phil decided to go and watch the 11.45am showing of Bridge of Spies. Mum, Madison, Kaley and I took the elevator up to get a drink then sat out on deck 12 for a short while, before deciding we were hungry, so we went to Cabanas for lunch. I didn't write what we ate, or take photos of our plates, but I did note that it was all very good and the apple crumble for dessert was delicious, and, I DID take photos of literally EVERYTHING that was available! So, here goes with LOADS of food pics!

Sushi

Ham, which I definitely would have sampled

Beef, again, I would have tried this

Gravies, veg and stuffing

Fish (I didn't try this!)

Different breads and rolls

Salads

Beef stir fry-type dish and rice

Different cheeses and hams

Steak and chips

This was either chicken or fish and rice

Stuffed chicken (I think) and green beans and carrots

I'm quite confident this was fish

Nuggets (maybe?) and something else

Pasta

Peas and meat of some description

Fries and mac and cheese

Pizza

Puddings!

The previously mentioned delicious apple crumble

Sorry, I know there are rather a lot of photos there but I wanted to show how much choice there was to eat each time and how good it all looked. :)

Kaley saying cheese and eating at the same time!

Kaley decided it was a good idea to hide under the table after she had finished!

We had another lovely lunch here, the food was all really good again.

Continued in next post

Lisa29 20 Nov 16 07:09 PM

We asked Madison and Kaley what they wanted to do and unsurprisingly, they both said swimming. Mum took both of them to wait by the pool while I went back to deck 6 to our stateroom to get their swimsuits. A few minutes later and I was back up meeting them, and Mum had got some good seats right next to the Mickey pool.

I quickly got the girls changed and they wasted no time in jumping into the pool

Though it looks like it, Kaley isn't drowning here!

They had so much fun in the pool. It is quite small, but this coupled with it not being very deep, did mean that neither Mum or I had to go in with them, we could just sit and watch from the side, taking photos and filming. At one stage, the lifeguards asked everybody to get out for 5 minutes, I don't know why, so they went to play in Nemo's Reef. This is also lots of fun but it was very noisy with the sound of the water and the kids in there who were just running round screaming! (Not my kids!)

They loved it in here. They were running around, giggling and generally just being really happy. Though they loved it in here, as soon as they were able to, they were out of here and back in the pool

Kaley kept going under the water, she wanted to do everything that Madison was doing. We got them out of the pool at 1.40pm and got them dressed. They each had a strawberry soft serve ice cream from Eye Scream Treats and we went back down to deck 6 to take their wet swimsuits to our stateroom to put out on the verandah to dry.

There was a Pirate and Princess Dance Party due to start at 2pm in the D Lounge on deck 4 so that was where we were going next. On our way there, we saw Phil and my Dad, which was good. We stopped off at Shutters for a quick look at the photos we had had taken yesterday.

We went to the D Lounge to watch the party, neither of the girls wanted to join in so we just sat and watched. Jake and Sofia were there with cast members and they had lots of fun dancing on the stage. There were lots of kids that had got up to dance too.

When this had finished, we asked Madison and Kaley what they wanted to do and they both said they wanted to go to the kids club so we took them to the Oceaneer's Lab. It was just before 2.30pm at this point. We first went for a walk on deck 4, around the outside of the ship while they were in there

Then went for a wander inside

We went back to deck 6

To go to our stateroom to pick up the girls Halloween costumes so they could go trick or treating.

We all love this cushion but just can't make ourselves pay out the steep amount for it :(

We then went back to deck 5 to collect the girls

Continued in next post

Lisa29 20 Nov 16 07:12 PM

We went to the Oceaneer's Lab and gave the girls names. They asked for our password then buzzed us in, looked on the computer and told us where they were. I haven't noted exactly where there was but I know that we went to where we were told and both girls were there. :) It really is a great system they have there and I had no worries whatsoever leaving them there when they wanted to go.

They each just had a witch dress so we put it on over the dresses they were wearing and went to the atrium where the trick or treating was taking place

There were quite a few trick or treat stations set up around the atrium area and there were also crew members with little games too, that they joined in with then got more sweets. There was a dance party starting at 3.15pm so we went and found a spot to watch

This was fun and we all enjoyed watching. Phil went for a wander and took more photos

When this had finished, Madison and Kaley wanted to go back to the Oceaneers Lab to do Halloween crafts at 4pm so we took them there, then went back to our stateroom so that we could have showers and get ready for dinner.

At 4.35pm, we got a text message on the wave phone that they wanted picking up so we went to get them, then came back to the stateroom to get them changed and ready for dinner. We sat out on the verandah for a while. I love these bridges

We watched the Carnival Sensation leave

And at about 5.30pm, we left too

Continued in next post

Lisa29 20 Nov 16 07:16 PM

We had the girls pose for photos on the verandah

As you can see from the photos, Kaley's BBB hairstyle survived the swimming but Madison's didn't. ;)

We left at 5.40pm to go to dinner, which tonight was in the Enchanted Garden

We went and joined the others who were already sat at our table

The place setting

The menu

And the kids menu

To start, Madison and Kaley had the Broccoli Cheddar Soup

This was nice, I think the adults ate more than the kids!

Phil had the Cucumber Garden Roll - with julienne of carrots, bell peppers and zucchini, with cilantro and dressed with white shoyu and lemon dressing

He really liked this. He had decided that he was going to try different things on the cruise and he really was having things he wouldn't usually have.

I had the North Atlantic Lobster Ravioli - with roasted garlic and sweet basil in a tomato broth

This was nice, however, in my head I just kept thinking 'I'm eating lobster' and I managed to freak myself out BLUSH, so I had to stop eating it! I just couldn't get past the fact that it was lobster! :blush:

For our soup or salad course, Phil and I both had the Heirloom Tomato Soup - with sour cream, croutons and basil

This was really good, we both enjoyed it.

For mains, Kaley had Breaded Fish Nuggets with Tartar Mayonnaise with fries and vegetables

I think she ate most of this.

Madison had Crusty Cheese Pizza with fries and vegetables

She ate all of this, she really liked it.

Phil had Marjoram Scented Roast Chicken - served with baked crusted sweet potatoes, buttered baby spinach and a thyme red wine chicken jus

He enjoyed this, again, this is something he wouldn't usually go for but he was glad he did.

I had the Slow Roasted Prime Rib - carved and served with thyme roasted vegetables, double baked potato, natural jus and horseradish

This was lovely and the beef was amazing.

Dessert menu

Kaley had strawberry ice cream, Madison had chocolate ice cream, Phil didn’t like any of the desserts on offer so just asked for some chocolate and strawberry ice cream and I had the Apple Cinnamon Crunch Sundae - cinnamon apple, vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and shortbread

(This is the only picture I have of the desserts)

The desserts were good but I know I just wasn't hungry enough. :( You would think that considering we were on day 17, we would have gotten used to the amount of food by now! :D

The photographers had been coming around during dinner taking photos, and I love the photos they got of the girls

When we were all finished, we left the restaurant and went to the atrium. There were photographers set up taking photos, so we joined the very short line to have some taken

The photographers were very good at getting us to do silly poses! :D

After we had finished having our photos taken, a lady from Disney approached us and told us that they would be taking promotional pictures tomorrow in all the new areas on the ship, at 10am, and asked if we would like to participate. :) We would have loved to but didn't want to give up any of our time on Castaway Cay and Phil had a jet ski booked for 9am, so we reluctantly said no.

We took Madison and Kaley to the Oceaneers Lab for the Anyone Can Cook session at 7pm and the Halloween party that was on at 8.15pm.

Being childless for a little while, we decided to have a wander around the adult and entertainment areas, starting on deck 4.

The champagne bar, Pink

The name of this place escapes me! :blush:

Bingo

This looked like fun, we stood and watched for a little while

The Skyline Lounge/Bar

My notes say that the menu in here was cool but I have no idea why and no photos to indicate why I wrote that. :confused2

All of these areas were done really well and though I really wanted to but didn't take a photo, the toilets in this area were amazing! :blush: They were round, very much like showers, and just really cool.

Continued in next post

Lisa29 20 Nov 16 07:19 PM

From here, we went up to deck 12 and saw where Palo and Remy were (photos on another day), then went down to deck 11.

Clocks showing the time at the different Disney Parks

We walked through Cabanas

And went to Vanellope's Sweets and Treats

It was really well themed in here, it was bright and colourful and there were lots of different yummy treats to tempt you to part with your money!

There were loads of different flavour ice creams to choose from

They were happy to let you have different tasters of the ice cream so I tried red velvet and carrot cake with cheesecake, both of which were lovely. Phil tried the Candy Explosion

He really liked this so had a scoop. This cost $2.95 and was charged to our stateroom.

A photo of the menu board

We then got a call from Dan on our wave phone to say they were all at Currents so we decided to take advantage of being child-free and joined them.

Looking lovely all lit up

I got a diet coke from deck 11 first then we met the others. Phil took a few photos

My Dad took us to the front of the ship as he wanted to show us how amazing the moon looked whilst at sea, and he was right, it was incredible

We stayed here for a little while, it was so beautiful and peaceful, we were the only people there. When we had finished looking and taking photos, we went back to sit with everyone and have a drink

We sat talking until we got a message at 8.45pm that Kaley wanted to be collected from the Kids Club. We got some more soft drinks from deck 11 and made our way down to deck 5

We picked the girls up and went back to our stateroom. Our towel animal was a dog

I had left a note for Budi asking if he could get us some shower gel, as there was none provided in the stateroom, and he had managed to get us two bottles from the suites. :)

We watched some of the Villains Tonight show on the TV, sat on the verandah for a while and Madison and Kaley had lots of fun playing on their beds. :)

They were finally tired enough for sleep at about 9.40pm. I did an order for room service breakfast for the next morning and hung it outside on the door handle. I caught up on my notes, read through the Navigator and went to bed about 10.15pm.

The next, day 18 - Castaway Cay, is HERE