theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Indexes (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Five Days in Washington DC – October 2019 - complete (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1151463)

jocat 1 Nov 19 07:49 PM

Five Days in Washington DC – October 2019 - complete

Welcome to the Index for our Five Days in Washington DC trip report. I hope to get this all finished and posted over the next week - for once I kept up with my notes each evening. :spin:

Pre-Trip Report
Travel day - Friday 25th October 2019
Day 1 - Saturday 26th October 2019 - White House Tour and various Memorials
Day 2 - Sunday 27th October 2019 - Museum of American History, The Mall, Old Post Office Clock Tower and shopping
Day 3 - Monday 28th October 2019 - Tour of the Pentagon, Arlington Cemetery and dinner in Georgetown
Day 4 - Tuesday 29th October 2019 - Capitol Building, Library of Congress, National Archives and dinner at Joe’s
Day 5 - Wednesday 30th October 2019 - Washington Monument, an injury and home
Post Trip Thoughts

Goldia 1 Nov 19 08:48 PM

You know I'm so looking forward to reading about your trip.

Looking at your outlines for each day It seems you did different things to us. I didn't manage to get a white house tour so I'm really keen to see that. Plus I wanted to do the Pentagon tour but decided it was too long for the kids to focus and not play up. We went to georgetown but didn't eat there it looked a lovely area, much nicer than the area we were in, which was Noma.

I'm hoping to finish mine over the weekend if managed to post a day every day since we've been back and only have 2 more to go.

jocat 2 Nov 19 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldia (Post 14154682)
You know I'm so looking forward to reading about your trip.

Looking at your outlines for each day It seems you did different things to us. I didn't manage to get a white house tour so I'm really keen to see that. Plus I wanted to do the Pentagon tour but decided it was too long for the kids to focus and not play up. We went to georgetown but didn't eat there it looked a lovely area, much nicer than the area we were in, which was Noma.

I'm hoping to finish mine over the weekend if managed to post a day every day since we've been back and only have 2 more to go.

Thanks Abby. We never got to see Georgetown in the day, which I’m really disappointed about, so the feeling is definitely mutual about being interested to read about the things you did there. Will hopefully catch up with your report later today. :wavey:

jocat 2 Nov 19 10:49 AM

Travel Day is up.

jocat 2 Nov 19 12:21 PM

Day 1 is posted now.

jocat 2 Nov 19 04:04 PM

Day 2 is up.

jocat 4 Nov 19 07:10 PM

Day 3 is posted.

jocat 5 Nov 19 06:42 PM

Day 4 is posted.

jocat 5 Nov 19 09:23 PM

The last day is up, along with my post-trip thoughts.

WileyCoyote 23 Nov 19 08:24 PM

What a fantastic trip. Really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing