theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   just back - and wont be going again (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=275653)

donnakirby 22 Feb 09 02:23 AM

just back - and wont be going again

:( :( hi just back and most say i really didnt enjoy it.

we used RS transport shared shuttle bus from the airport - which was absolutely fantastic and would highly recommend them - excellent service. we were the only ones on the bus.

newport bay - lovely and clean about a 5 to 10 mins walk to the park - buses were very good and we didnt wait very long for them.

disney park and studios - were very busy - rides broken down - people smoking all over the place - disney characters favoured the french when it came to getting autographs and kept moving about and turning there backs on the children - no photographers anywhere to take your photos - lines for characters terrible.

princess lunch - was nice but characters very slow at coming round and menu choice - very limited.

innoventions character meal - was a nice buffet - good selection of characters but again very slow at coming round.

cafe mickey - extremely busy - and in my opinion the worst of the above - plenty of characters but so slow at coming round - staff quite rude.

i have been to disney paris 3 times now and the last time was 2006 - in my opinion i think it has gone down hill - very run down in places - staff quite rude in a few places - it doesnt have the magic or the sparkle of disney.

i think once you have been to florida - its the real thing - very magical and special and the staff are really genuine.

all the above is my own personal experience over the half term and my personal opinion.

would i go to disney paris again - no - it just didnt do anything for me at all - i hope i havent offended anyone with my views and thoughts.

thanks for reading.

kezza12 22 Feb 09 02:44 AM

omg i thought you were talking about Floria at first! no i agree with you for the most part we went in 2006 for the Halloween period and it just didn't seem very magical :erm: and you're right about the smoking it ruined it for us, we will think very carefully about going back again

Tinklfly 22 Feb 09 10:20 AM

Donna, sorry to hear your trip was so disappointing. :( We went eight years ago and weren't that impressed by the place then, and probably would never go back. Again, just personal opinion, however it was exactly the same time of year as you! :smile:

BevS97 22 Feb 09 10:27 AM

We were last in DLP in 2005, I throughly enjoyed DLP but hated the smoking and we just gave up on Character greetings after the first attempt (although we did find one or two proper organised greetings with queues and nice backdrops, but the other character encounters were just chaos.

I would probably go back if it was cheaper but it's too expensive for a 2nd rate experience.

travelmam 22 Feb 09 10:28 AM

Firstly, :wavey: welcome back.

What a shame you didn't have a good time. :(
Mind you we went some years back and wasn't very impressed, :(
like you said staff quite rude and doesn't have the magic feel like Florida.

pepsicube 22 Feb 09 10:31 AM

Shame you didn't enjoy it - but what you've said doesn't come as a surprise, I've heard it a few times before.

2waterford 22 Feb 09 10:32 AM

Welcome back, Really sorry to hear you were disappointed with your trip to DLP.

I have never been and after having gone to WDW a few times I really have no desire to visit DLP.

Tinklfly 22 Feb 09 10:54 AM

Glad it wasn't just me then. I hear of so many people who had a great time and often wonder did I do something wrong. :smile:

truesdpr 22 Feb 09 10:54 AM

Aw that's a shame. We haven't been to DLP and I don't think we'll go there while we can still afford to visit Florida. The smoking would do it for me I'm afraid. It's a shame when you've looked forward to something and it doesn't deliver.

Pam.
:wavey:

smallworld73 22 Feb 09 11:21 AM

It's not the same as THE place, we went 2 years ago & stayed in the Holiday Inn, horrible. Breakfast like a conveyor belt and the lobby was a haze of smoke. As for the park, we felt it had really gone downhill and is more like a themepark rather than a Disney theme park. Someone from WDW needs to go over there and give them a kick up the derriere (not sure if that's the right spelling but you get my drift)! It's also v expensive.