theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Tickets (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Help needed. (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1056781)

Guest 30 Nov 17 11:36 AM

Help needed.

Hi all. I need some help for my family of 4(2 Teenagers)booking 3 days at Disney(Magic,Animal & Hollywood) & 3 days at Universal(Studios,IOA & Volcano bay). What would be the cheapest way to get tickets for just these parks? :):)

7SeasSailor 30 Nov 17 11:51 AM

Wait until nearer Christmas to see if the 7 companies advertising on the yellow sticky at the top of the page have a sale then compare with Undercover Tourist.

Nimbus 30 Nov 17 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walshy14 (Post 12962983)
Hi all. I need some help for my family of 4(2 Teenagers)booking 3 days at Disney(Magic,Animal & Hollywood) & 3 days at Universal(Studios,IOA & Volcano bay). What would be the cheapest way to get tickets for just these parks? :):)

The cheapest way would be to buy Disney 3-Day Base tickets and Universal 3-Day Base tickets. You can buy these from Disney's American website and Universal's American website or at the entrance to the parks.

Or buy them from UndercoverTourist.com.
  • Disney 3-Day Base ticket costs $298 (=£225) here
  • Universal 3-Park 2-Day Base ticket plus 2 days free costs $240 (=£180) here

Or buy them from OrlandoAttractions.com.
  • Disney 4-Day Base ticket costs $349 (=£262) here
  • Universal 3-Park 3-Day Base ticket plus 1 day free costs $269 (=£202) here

Based on UndercoverTourist's prices, it'll cost around £405 per person. About £1620 for the 4 of you.

Note that these are base tickets and so you can only visit one park per day; you cannot park hop with these tickets.

Guest 30 Nov 17 03:46 PM

Help needed

Thanks Nimbus you've probably saved me about £500:grin::grin:

Nimbus 30 Nov 17 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walshy14 (Post 12963249)
Thanks Nimbus you've probably saved me about £500:grin::grin:

You're welcome. I charge 20% commission. ;) :D

Oh, and welcome to the DIBB! :wavey: :wave:

coggie 30 Nov 17 04:51 PM

Just to add that if you buy base tickets for Universal you will not be allowed to travel on the Hogwarts Express as you need a park to park ticket for that

lyn1 30 Nov 17 06:09 PM

As coggie said, if you want to ride the Hogwarts Express at Universal you will need a ticket that includes park to park.

Forgot to say, welcome to the Dibb :wavey:

Nimbus 30 Nov 17 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coggie (Post 12963296)
Just to add that if you buy base tickets for Universal you will not be allowed to travel on the Hogwarts Express as you need a park to park ticket for that

To the OP: if you want Universal park-to-park tickets in order to ride on the Hogwarts Express (as well as go to more than one park per day) then you can buy them from the same places as mentioned above - either UndercoverTourist, OrlandoAttractions or Universal's American website. They will cost roughly $50 more per person than the base tickets.

Personally, I wouldn't spend an extra £150 for 4 people to go on one additional ride. I like Harry Potter but not that much. :D

ETA: By the time you've added on the park-to-park bit the price starts getting close to the UK 14 day Explorer tickets.

lyn1 30 Nov 17 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimbus (Post 12963376)
Personally, I wouldn't spend an extra £150 for 4 people to go on one additional ride. I like Harry Potter but not that much. :D

I know a lot of my friends would agree with you. As for me I didn't get a say in it, my wife wanted to do it. Who was I to argue, I didn't want to get turned into stone ;)

Nimbus 1 Dec 17 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimbus (Post 12963113)
Or buy them from UndercoverTourist.com.
  • Disney 3-Day Base ticket costs $298 (=£225) here
  • Universal 3-Park 2-Day Base ticket plus 2 days free costs $240 (=£180) here

Just to let you know, the "Universal 3-Park 2-Day Base ticket plus 2 days free" offer is no longer available at UndercoverTourist's website. Also, this ticket was only valid until May 17th next year and I'm unsure when the OP was planning on visiting.

The best equivalent ticket on UndercoverTourist now is:
Universal 3-Park 3-Day Base ticket with one extra day free for $277 (about £210) here

The above ticket has to be used within 12 months of ordering it.