theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   4 parks in a day? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1057092)

DEB34 4 Dec 17 03:57 PM

4 parks in a day?

Hi

Has anyone done 4 parks in a day? I am only staying at Disney for one night and was just planning on getting a one day hopper ticket. I have never done Epcot before so this is a must and I quite fancy doing Hollywood studies for the fireworks in the evening as they Also have a Star Wars laser show.

Do you think this is enough for a day to do? I am coming with husband and daughter aged 11.

Any advice would be great? Thanks

Ridersmom 4 Dec 17 04:37 PM

I know people have challenged themselves to do it but it is a challenge. The parks are not close and transportation can take a while. I would get a two day hopper and do two parks a day. I have done that several times and whilenot a leisurely pace, it is doable.

I have not done it since Pandora and prior to it, AK was a good morning park, leaving around the parade for Epcot or the MK. I am not a HS fan so we would do EMH and head off somewhere else.

If you can do 2 days, do it. If not I would focus on one or possibly two parks, especially with an 11 year old.

duchy 4 Dec 17 04:40 PM

I'd stick to two parks maximum if you only have one day and can't stretch it to two somehow.

Nimbus 4 Dec 17 05:16 PM

It depends on what you expect to do in each park. If you only plan to go on 1 or 2 rides, and only spend 2 hours or less, in each park then doing 4 parks in a day is doable. If you want to do most of the attractions in each park then stick to one park per day (even then, one day may not be enough - we often visit Epcot on two days, for example).

If I was you I'd stick to doing 2 parks in one day.

BTW, you can walk from Epcot to Hollywood Studios via the International Gateway between the UK and France pavilions. Or get the boat if you want to save your legs. ;)

amy56 4 Dec 17 06:34 PM

We have done the four park challenge when we had one day in WDW during a Disney cruise last October.

Tbh it worked really well (we actually did five parks as started and ended in magic kingdom & had a table service brunch at The Crystal Palace), BUT we did have six fast passes (3 regular ones and 3 that could be used at anytime, in any park), so we were able to ride lots of big rides that way - without those I think it would of been difficult, as our fav rides in each park tend to be headliners, and if we weren’t able to get on those, we probably wouldn’t have bothered making the effort to do all four parks.

loldis 4 Dec 17 08:31 PM

It's doable but you really won't see much. If you can only do one day, I agree to do 2 parks and would stick to Epcot and HS as transport between the two is faster than the others.

Get to Epcot for park opening for the rides there, head to World Showcase (it opens at 11) for lunch and a wander. The head over to HS mid afternoon for the rides and fireworks there.

If you're staying at Disney for the night though, I would really try to do a full two days to make the most advantage of it. You could even check in before the parks open and use EMH if there's morning hours that day.

electo 4 Dec 17 08:47 PM

i have done 3 parks in a day and i was worn out at the end :omg:

plus you have to start early factor in about an hr to get from park to park
so i theory you lose 4 hrs there

so say a 12 hr day thats 4 hrs travailing 8 hrs park time which is 2 hrs per park for rides food shows etc etc not a lot of time :)

but it is a challenge:tongue:

7SeasSailor 6 Dec 17 01:25 PM

You can do as many as you like in a day if you want to give it a go, you just don't get to see a lot in the rush.

Guest 6 Dec 17 01:31 PM

It can be done but you really won't take much away from it other than the fact you achieved it.

As others have said try and eke it out over two days or settle for two parks in one day.

scoobydooby 6 Dec 17 07:20 PM

Depends what you want to get out of it. To manage queues I’d only do three. Start at Epcot and do Soarin at rope drop, test track next single rider than whatever has a short queue. Then World Showcase. Hop to Mk and fast pass your three favourite rides and see the afternoon parade. See if any other FP available as soon as you’re scanned for your third. Then hop to DHS, catch a show, see if there are any FPP and watch the Star Wars fireworks. Me and DD did four parks in a day last trip but three of them we were on a private tour with FOL passes for everything we rode and a Disney Chauffer beteeen the parks. We spent the evening at a fourth park on our own. Even that was hard work!