theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Child turning 3 during trip (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1125130)

Katy2605 23 Apr 19 02:02 PM

Child turning 3 during trip

We are hoping to book our 2020 trip on Thursday (all being well!) for an onsite Disney trip for 10 days. At check-in my son will be 2 and will turn 3 4-days after check-in. From all I have read I was under the impression that Disney will deem him to be 2 for the whole time of our stay so I won't have to pay for him to have a Disney ticket. I started to do a dummy run booking and on the disney booking site it asks for the age at time of return travel which would obviously be 3.

I rung disney to clarify and I think I confused her, she began by saying I need to put 3 and then changed her mind and said to put 2. I wondered if anyone here could confirm what to do? I am happy to put 2 but obviously that is not technically true. I guess if I do have to put 3 that would mean he will get "free" disney dining!

Thank you for any help!
Katy

ely3857 23 Apr 19 02:40 PM

Did that dummy booking include flights?

Disney themselves are happy with the age of the child on the day you check-in. If it includes a flight I’m not sure if that changes things. We booked our Disney hotel/ticket direct with them but flights separately when our DD turned three on holiday.

Katy2605 23 Apr 19 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ely3857 (Post 13799760)
Did that dummy booking include flights?

Disney themselves are happy with the age of the child on the day you check-in. If it includes a flight I’m not sure if that changes things. We booked our Disney hotel/ticket direct with them but flights separately when our DD turned three on holiday.

Strangely, it was only a booking for hotel and tickets. I wasn't expecting it to say return age! Reassuring to know it has worked fine before when booking for others. Thank you for the reply :)

shelle 23 Apr 19 09:44 PM

It used to be age at time of travel but they changed it in 2017 to age on return. I got my travel agent to speak with Disney and they did do it without charging for tickets. MDE showed them as 3 though and they repeatedly told me that she would not have a dining plan. This was hotel booking only, no flights.

BevS97 23 Apr 19 09:51 PM

I’m just seeing age at date of travel? Where are you looking.

shelle 23 Apr 19 10:35 PM

The usual disneyholidays website. Maybe the mobile site is different?

shelle 23 Apr 19 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BevS97 (Post 13800679)
I’m just seeing age at date of travel? Where are you looking.

Once you've entered your details here it take you to the Disneyholidays website which asks for age on return. Although it is hidden if you go directly from the main site until completing the booking.