theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Cruises to Cuba (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1131648)

Omega1 4 Jun 19 07:28 PM

Cruises to Cuba

The US government has announced it is banning all US based cruise lines from visiting Cuba. Under the Obama administration restrictions on visiting Cuba were lifted and most major cruise lines had started to incorporate Cuba into their itineraries. Does this affect any Dibbers?

Jet 5 Jun 19 12:22 AM

Yes us...Son just sent me this...we were going next April on MSC with a back to back on the Disney Magic..was really looking forward to Cuba.

duchy 5 Jun 19 02:05 AM

Yikes, effective from when ? My friend is currently on one of those with Norwegian.

Jet 5 Jun 19 08:51 AM

Just been reading on Cruise Critic what people are saying.
No one seems to know what's going on they are all waiting for the cruise companies to put statements out...I have have never been a fan of Trump..even less now!

Omega1 5 Jun 19 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duchy (Post 13885178)
Yikes, effective from when ? My friend is currently on one of those with Norwegian.

Itís a bit unclear, NCL statement - ďWe are closely monitoring these recent developments and any resulting impact to cruise travel to Cuba,Ē Norwegian Cruise Line said in a statement. ďWe will communicate to our guests and travel partners as additional information becomes available.Ē
RCL has announced it will not stop in Cuba on cruises departing 5&6 June.

Omega1 5 Jun 19 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jet (Post 13885159)
Yes us...Son just sent me this...we were going next April on MSC with a back to back on the Disney Magic..was really looking forward to Cuba.

MSC have announced they will not be calling in Cuba and will be announcing amended itineraries tomorrow (6/6/19).

jas72 5 Jun 19 08:44 PM

Terrible news for the people of Cuba.

stecee 6 Jun 19 07:19 AM

Thatís a shame, I was only yesterday watching a YouTube video of someone cruising to Cuba and thought Havana looked interesting. It seemed like they were really making an effort with tourism and now it seems itís going to stop.

Omega1 6 Jun 19 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stecee (Post 13887068)
Thatís a shame, I was only yesterday watching a YouTube video of someone cruising to Cuba and thought Havana looked interesting. It seemed like they were really making an effort with tourism and now it seems itís going to stop.

It is a shame as many people booked their cruises for the sole reason of visiting Havana- MSC has substituted Nassau for the time being, which isnít a great alternative.
Also a shame for the locals as jas72 says.

Jet 6 Jun 19 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega1 (Post 13887217)
It is a shame as many people booked their cruises for the sole reason of visiting Havana- MSC has substituted Nassau for the time being, which isnít a great alternative.
Also a shame for the locals as jas72 says.

It is a let down ...we only booked it because it was going to Cuba.
And when we got off we were getting on the Magic the same day which is also going to Nassau...not a place I want to go twice to.
But in the words of John Lennon...life is what happens when your busy making plans...and we have made lots of plans for these two cruises...but going to sit down today and see what we want to do now x