theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Tickets (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Emailed disney re AP tickets (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1178357)

Disney Nanny 12 Aug 20 08:00 AM

Emailed disney re AP tickets

Hi
I emailed disney last week with a question but have not heard back (I appreciate how busy they are)

I would like to purchase the AP now as I have some funds left in my holiday account due to this year cancelled.

The maths works out this more than covers at least 28 days possibly 35 over the 12 month period.

However, I would not be activating it until September 2021.

If I purchase now will this be ok to wait this long to activate?

Thank you
:)

Bellasmummy 12 Aug 20 08:07 AM

Are they selling APs now? I didn’t think they were.

YorkshireT 12 Aug 20 08:08 AM

No APs on sale at the moment.

I suspect they might start selling again in a few months to raise revenue.

Disney Nanny 13 Aug 20 07:19 AM

Erm not quite what I was asking ?

I know not yet on sale but needed to know the above before I put that money aside for a AP

YorkshireT 13 Aug 20 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disney Nanny (Post 14611565)
Erm not quite what I was asking ?

I know not yet on sale but needed to know the above before I put that money aside for a AP

You said you’d like to purchase the AP now, and wait to activate it. You said you’d been calling Disney about this.

We explained you can’t buy an AP now.

You now say you know they are not selling APs now.

Now, I am really confused.

Anyway, if your question is - “ I know they are not selling APs but if and when they start selling them again, can I buy it and not activate it for some time” , then the answer is yes.

2point 13 Aug 20 09:36 AM

I think you have until 2030 to activate an Annual Pass.

dizneemad 13 Aug 20 09:56 AM

From time of purchase you have 10 years to activate it, so when they start to sell them again and you purchase them you can work from there.

Disney Nanny 13 Aug 20 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorkshireT (Post 14611567)
You said you’d like to purchase the AP now, and wait to activate it. You said you’d been calling Disney about this.

We explained you can’t buy an AP now.

You now say you know they are not selling APs now.

Now, I am really confused.

Anyway, if your question is - “ I know they are not selling APs but if and when they start selling them again, can I buy it and not activate it for some time” , then the answer is yes.

sorry I meant if i purchased (now) as soon as allowed do i have to activate it within a certain date :)

Disney Nanny 13 Aug 20 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizneemad (Post 14611709)
From time of purchase you have 10 years to activate it, so when they start to sell them again and you purchase them you can work from there.

Wow thank you this is what I needed to know :):)

FloridaNuts93 13 Aug 20 09:35 PM

We bought ours in January ready for our September trip. They are on MDE, but not activated (obviously!), and the valid until date is December 2030. :grin: